Saturday, April 24, 2010

My kid is Earth-ier than your kid ~ but you can download Planet Earth FREE and catch up!


My middle guy reminded me this morning that it is Earth Month, and that while we may have celebrated Earth Day earlier in the week I should be "loving the Earth" all month long.  I love the Earth every day, in fact my husband's job is all about saving the Earth. My kids will give anyone who asks what Daddy does a lesson on renewable energy that would make your head spin.  They know more about smart grids, electrification of vehicles, solar power, wind power, and renewable energy storage than any kids in the US and I'll put them on a panel if anyone wants to challenge it.  My kid is way more Earthy than your kid.

How Earthy are you?  Is it important to you that people show their Earth-iness?  I think educating and informing is definitely important but I don't feel it is my role get out there with a mega phone and brow beat folks. Some people do feel it is their responsibility to spread the word .... my problem is that the "word" is different for everyone.  The current data and general State of the Earth is debated often but there is something nobody argues, and that is that we must take care of our planet and take steps to protect it.  

As Henry so wisely pointed out, just because Earth Day is over it doesn't mean we can't continue to celebrate and share.  Earlier this month, I was contacted by a PR rep for BBC Planet Earth, an 11-part series presenting the epic story of life on Earth.  Our family loves this series and I immediately committed to writing about it and offering my readers a FREE iTunes download of the first episode.  Fast forward through what has been an unbelievably busy month and my post is just now being published. GUILT...  

Guess what?  You can still download the episode until Monday APRIL 26!!



The perfect videos for curling up with your cuties, kids are fascinated by things we take for granted.  I sometimes forget that my kids haven't had as much time at the beach as I did growing up a mile from the ocean.  They are Colorado mountain savvy but there is so much of the Earth that they've never even been introduced to.  Good stuff, I say!  Here are a few YouTube clips that my kiddos like to watch....the second one gives me the willies but it is favorite ....


comments

2 Responses to "My kid is Earth-ier than your kid ~ but you can download Planet Earth FREE and catch up!"
  1. Anonymous said...
    April 24, 2010 at 6:07 PM

    I spent Earth Day with MEET ME AT THE CORNER, Virtual FIeld Trips for Kids. (www.meetmeatthecorner.org)

    Check out the trip COlorado for hiking tips in the great outdoors and the new show about astronomy at the Palomar Observatory.

    New kid-friendly educational episodes are uploaded every two weeks.

  2. This Mama Works It! said...
    April 25, 2010 at 8:21 AM

    Hey there. Found you through the SITS Blog frog Community. I look forward to reading your post on building a tribe. Make sure to link back up to it on the blog frog so we don't miss out. You made some great points.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates