Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Twitter Experiment ~ Inspiration Via Tweet yields "Pissing in Cheerios" Post


I have been rather uninspired lately. My wit has been stifled by an invisible shield of goop. In an effort to keep my blog afloat I sent out a tweet.





I actually got a few good responses....





but the most inspiring tweet of the day came from Kadi Prescott @TheRealKadi...



So, "Pissing in Cheerios" is a rather inspiring topic for several reasons.  One, because it is naughty and two, because I love the saying "Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?" or "Who pissed in her Cheerios this morning?".  It is a colloquialism adopted by many people to express a lack of understanding for someone's crappy ass mood.

The person using the phrase does not really think that the someone's Cheerios were actually pissed in, rather that their attitude and behavior reflects an experience similar to having had someone piss in their Cheerios.

While, I wouldn't personally want to eat Cheerios that had been pissed in, there is actually a term for those that consume urine.  Urophagia is the consumption of urine.  While there are no actual case studies using Cheerios, there is record of ancient cultures using urine for different healing purposes that are still practiced today.  I wonder if those still using these methods combine Cheerios with urine?  If they don't they should because Cheerios are quite yummy and I've heard they are great for reducing cholesterol.

comments

13 Responses to "My Twitter Experiment ~ Inspiration Via Tweet yields "Pissing in Cheerios" Post"
  1. Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...
    January 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM

    You are too funny. Pissing in cheerios makes me think of potty training my boys...that is how they learned to aim ;)

  2. Shady Lady said...
    January 17, 2010 at 12:38 PM

    Oh, the visual in my head is just too gross for words.

  3. Leslie said...
    January 17, 2010 at 12:38 PM

    Hahahaha!

    Going to look for you on Twitter...

  4. Anonymous said...
    January 17, 2010 at 1:05 PM

    Yep, I thought about potty training too. :)

  5. Unknown said...
    January 17, 2010 at 2:21 PM

    I haven't heard that phrase in forever! Good way to come up with blog topics though, using twitter!

  6. hicksgirl93 said...
    January 17, 2010 at 7:10 PM

    that was very clever and entertaining! I'm still grinning

  7. Anonymous said...
    January 17, 2010 at 8:31 PM

    I'm Canadian and we say " who pissed in your Corn Flakes"... Maybe Corn Flakes are more popular than Cheerios here

  8. Jennifer said...
    January 18, 2010 at 9:59 AM

    I always tell that to Dustin...he is always pissing in my Cheerios!

  9. Randi Troxell said...
    January 18, 2010 at 12:08 PM

    Urophagia...

    wow! you totally learn something new every day.. and normally, when I do learn that thing everyday.. it makes me wonder what on earth is wrong with ppl!!!!

  10. Jules AF said...
    January 18, 2010 at 5:20 PM

    Ewww, that just makes me want to gag.

  11. Stephanie said...
    January 19, 2010 at 8:29 AM

    LOL Well done! That is a very creative way to com up with a post:)

  12. Knit Purl Gurl said...
    January 19, 2010 at 10:01 AM

    LMAO!

  13. joanofalltrades said...
    January 20, 2010 at 7:12 PM

    You are one bizarre blond for posting this! LOL! Thanks for clearing it up though, because I have never heard anyone ask, "who pissed in your cheerios?" And thanks for adding a new word to my vocab: urophagia. I thinks that's what my baby is doing in my belly right now.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates