Thursday, July 9, 2009

What's Cookin' In Your Tub? AND HAHA I'm Featured Today!



WELCOME! If you are visiting from The BlogRollers please stay awhile and take a peak around. Leave a comment and I'll be sure to visit you as well! Thank you to The BlogRollers for choosing me for their Feature Friday! Ya'll know I love ya!



I was laughing at myself a bit on Tuesday during
#GNO (Weekly Girls Night Out Twitter Event hosted by MomItForward.com) because the topic was "Taking time for yourself". I've actually never been guilty of not taking "Me Time" whenever I can get it. I also like to be pampered and don't feel guilty for it. Perhaps it is because I am married to a man that makes me feel like a princess, or maybe it is because if I don't take "Me Time", I tend to become unbearably restless and annoying to those around me. Either way, it works for me.

One of my favorite things to do is take a bath. I looooove my bath. I run the water so scalding hot that there isn't a child in my house that begs to get in it with me. I also love all the different bath salts and what not. Most of my favorites have fruity or floral smells to them. I don't have one favorite, it just sort of depends on my mood.

I was in Wal-Mart yesterday perusing the bath products aisle and came across some interesting options. Now, I should say that I am not a huge fan of our Wal-Mart, the place just makes my skin crawl and every time I come out I can't remember what possessed me to pay a visit in the first place. (Have ya guessed? I'm not one of the Wal-Mart chosen... but if Target comes calling? I'm soooooo in on that!) Visiting my local Wal-Mart sorta makes me feel dirty, and not in the kinky way, but the "I need a bath" kinda way .... so, it was only natural that I'd check out this aisle between picking up cleaning supplies and lightbulbs.

In any case, I thought I would share a few of my finds.

First, we have Lime Basil with ajou pear and citrus. I'd like to suggest that Basil really ought not be in a bath product. I mean, spaghetti sauce, yes. Bubble bath? No. And really? Mixing PEARS with basil? Maybe I'm just an herbal barbarian but it doesn't sound appealing to me. Just sayin'...

Next...

Another lovely combination, Watercress Fig with pink jasmine and bergamot. This sounds a little like the salad I had the other night when Hubs took me out for dinner. Don't get me wrong, I love figs, I might even bathe in figs, but watercress? The thought of watercress in my tub makes me feel a little itchy. I picture little watercress "floaties" getting into all the wrong nooks and crannies... I'm just sayin'

Lastly, I considered this option because I'm sensitive to all those dairy allergies out there and appreciate that Soy Milk has become a wonderful option for many many people.

Soy milk? Why not? We use regular milks in all kinds of bath products, right? I wonder, would this be a vegan product? I don't even know what the hell vegan means so I'm not really sure, but soy milk is sorta chalky isn't it? Maybe the honey would counteract the chalkiness? I wonder if they could add some chocolate syrup, because for me soy milk is much more bearable when it is chocolate flavored. Again, I'm just sayin'...

Needless to say, I was a little turned off by the Wally World selection, so I passed on through and picked up a nice ole' box of Calgon powder. There is something much more appealing about the image created from "Ocean Breeze" than from watercress and basil in my bath. Just sayin'...







comments

14 Responses to "What's Cookin' In Your Tub? AND HAHA I'm Featured Today!"
  1. More Than Words said...
    July 10, 2009 at 2:05 AM

    Wally World isn't really my cup of tea either! There's one 5 minutes from me and I hardly ever go there!!

    I did a post about "me time" on Monday!! I think it's something all mom's should have!

  2. Missy said...
    July 10, 2009 at 3:28 AM

    Congrats on the feature.
    My walmart is kind of creepy too. Most of my fellow shoppers could use a bath, a brush or, at the very least, some lessons in etiquette.

  3. Unknown said...
    July 10, 2009 at 5:04 AM

    Congrats on the feature and on taking care of you. That's my specialty as a Life Coach is teaching women, especially moms to take better care of them selves!

  4. Unknown said...
    July 10, 2009 at 5:15 AM

    Congrats on being The BlogRollers Featured Blogger today Fiona! Love all of that yummy bath stuff! I hope your hubby continues to treat you like the princess...no...queen you are!! Smooches!

  5. Randi Troxell said...
    July 10, 2009 at 7:36 AM

    i hate wal-mart with a vengeance... hubby - he could so live there!! happy friday!

  6. Childhood said...
    July 10, 2009 at 9:13 AM

    This post is so funny... I love to do my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart... I'm not gonna lie. Where else can I find my groceries at such ridiculously low prices? But then I feel sick for supporting the very company that's shutting down the awesome Mom and Pops all over the country... ah.. the catch 22 Im in!

  7. AiringMyLaundry said...
    July 10, 2009 at 1:38 PM

    I love Wal-Mart for their bakery.

    I also enjoy baths. It's been awhile since I had one.

  8. Unknown said...
    July 10, 2009 at 2:39 PM

    Congratulations on being the Blogrollers featured blogger! You Rock! I don't think I want Basil in my tub either! LOL

  9. Sugar Jones said...
    July 10, 2009 at 3:32 PM

    Woo hoo!! You're all featured and stuff! Love it :)

    Ummmm... can I have your autograph?

  10. Heatherlyn said...
    July 10, 2009 at 3:44 PM

    My husband is the bath person around here.

    I'm with you though, I prefer to take bathes that don't sound like a dinner menu. :)

  11. 3 Bay B Chicks said...
    July 10, 2009 at 11:41 PM

    Hooray! Congrats on being the FB for the Blog Rollers. I heart them.

    I adored this post, but must also admit that I just finished watching your anniversary video. What fun! Loved seeing you and your hubby over your last 13 years of marriage.

    Congrats!

    -Francesca

  12. Ms. Wanda said...
    July 11, 2009 at 7:32 AM

    Wal-mart what can I say, it has a demonic way of calling you in:) I try to go other places but, it constantly calls me when I drive by and I say I'm going for groceries but, I find myself in the bath and kitchen sections looking deals!
    Pretty soon they will have shows for Wal-mart Interventions:) Love your post and Congrat's on being a Blogroller feature!!!

  13. Jenn@ The Crazies said...
    July 11, 2009 at 3:58 PM

    Congrads on your Feature!! I, happen to love our local Walmart but ours is nice and brand new and clean and wonderful. Have a great weekend !!!

  14. jerricaparr said...
    July 12, 2009 at 8:32 AM

    I agree about the comment you left me. My mom and I have gotten incredibly close now that I have my own little family.
    :]


    And ahh, I really understand what you mean about the bath stuff in this blog - some things just dont sound like they should be in the tub with me.
    =)

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates