Saturday, July 18, 2009

Quotable Sunday ~ Sleep


It's been a busy week and I'm feeling sleepy!  Today I shall showcase quotes about sleep....


May sleep envelop you as a bed sheet floating gently down, tickling your skin and removing every worry.  Reminding you to consider only this moment.  ~Jeb Dickerson, www.howtomatter.com

Insomnia is a gross feeder.  It will nourish itself on any kind of thinking, including thinking about not thinking.  ~Clifton Fadiman

O bed! O bed! delicious bed!
That heaven upon earth to the weary head.

~Thomas Hood, 
Miss Kilmansegg - Her Dream


The feeling of sleepiness when you are not in bed, and can't get there, is the meanest feeling in the world.  ~Edgar Watson Howe



Go Visit Toni for more awesome quotes!  

comments

8 Responses to "Quotable Sunday ~ Sleep"
  1. Hit 40 said...
    July 19, 2009 at 4:44 AM

    Summer is great for us to all catch on sleep before the holidays!!!

  2. AiringMyLaundry said...
    July 19, 2009 at 11:50 AM

    I love the "Oh bed, Oh bed" quote.

  3. Unknown said...
    July 19, 2009 at 5:11 PM

    That last one my Edgar Watson Howe
    is so true! Reminds me of when my boy was getting up 3 times a night to eat! Hope you have a great week!

  4. Rhonda Gales said...
    July 19, 2009 at 5:22 PM

    Love the Oh Bed Oh Bed quote. I'm feeling sleepy now, lol. Thanks for sharing.

  5. Jennifer said...
    July 19, 2009 at 6:19 PM

    Lovely quotes. The first one leads one to envision a lovely, restful sleep.

  6. septembermom said...
    July 19, 2009 at 7:02 PM

    Sleep is wonderful. I should probably be sleeping right now:)

  7. Allie said...
    July 19, 2009 at 11:53 PM

    I had to giggle while reading these, since I've been saying to myself for the past hour I need to go to bed. The internet is just more entertaining.

  8. Becca said...
    July 26, 2009 at 8:41 PM

    How true...thinking about not thinking is worse than thinking!!!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates