Sunday, April 19, 2009

Quotable Sunday ~ On Dieting



Happy Sunday! I have chosen quotes about dieting today. I am making a concerted effort to drop my winter layer, which seems to be bulkier than in years past, hmmm. Mr. Blonde joined in the diet festivities this week, and woudn't ya know, the dude has dropped half of the amount of weight I want to lose.... in ONE WEEK!!! I hate men and their ability to drop 10 pounds just by thinking about it. Nothing pisses me off more than hearing him get on the scale and say, "Cool, just dropped another three pounds yesterday." And guess what? If he were to go take a crap, or a BM for those polite folks, he'd hop on the scale and find he'd lost another three to five pounds! I want to be a man just long enough to lose 10 pounds. I could handle two days being a man, couldn't I?


When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake. ~Author Unknown

I keep trying to lose weight... but it keeps finding me! ~Author Unknown

Rich, fatty foods are like destiny: they too, shape our ends. ~Author Unknown



For More Fabulous Quotable Sunday Head On Over To TONI'S!!


Dieting is wishful shrinking. ~Author Unknown



I think I just ate my willpower. ~Author Unknown

comments

17 Responses to "Quotable Sunday ~ On Dieting"
  1. Ace said...
    April 19, 2009 at 8:21 AM

    I know what you mean. My husband is the only person I have to workout with and it's so depressing that he can lose twice as fast. I think I too might be able to be a man for a couple days just to lose some. Although that might make things between me and hubs a little awkward.

  2. CaseyDeuce said...
    April 19, 2009 at 8:23 AM

    This one is the story of my life!! "I keep trying to lose weight... but it keeps finding me!"

    Happy QS!!

  3. Anonymous said...
    April 19, 2009 at 8:42 AM

    I encourage you to try and lose that weight! I'm sure you can do it.

    Just wanted to say THANK YOU, so much for taking the button for the March for Babies!

    And, Look for a award from me on my blog, posting it soon.

  4. I am Harriet said...
    April 19, 2009 at 10:05 AM

    How true...how true.....

  5. Unknown said...
    April 19, 2009 at 11:19 AM

    Nice quotes! I love Woody Allen.
    Good luck with the weight loss, you can beat hubby in the long run I bet.

  6. The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...
    April 19, 2009 at 11:29 AM

    I hate that is is never going to get easier..always a battle.. dieting and going to the gym..and guilt if you don't!

    Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake. ~Author Unknown

    Jan :)

  7. Stacy Uncorked said...
    April 19, 2009 at 11:50 AM

    LOL! Those are really funny quotes, Fiona! :) I think I ate my willpower just now... ;)

    Happy Quotable Sunday! :)

  8. zelzee said...
    April 19, 2009 at 1:51 PM

    I'm always trying to lose 5 pounds.
    In fact, my next post is directed at trying to lose those pesky pounds.

    Never thought about becoming a man to do it, though. You may be on to something!

  9. Jennifer said...
    April 19, 2009 at 3:29 PM

    Who are you telling!!! When we got back from vacay, hubby and I gained five pounds each. Well, he's lost it all and then some! I've lost two. BOO! I hate it.

  10. Minxy Mimi said...
    April 19, 2009 at 5:05 PM

    LOL
    the weight keeps finding me too... no matter how well I hide!

  11. Amy Clary said...
    April 19, 2009 at 6:23 PM

    this cracks me up:
    Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.
    oh...that's a great one to remember when i'm stuck with a bunch of "baby weight" after this pregnancy. :)

  12. Sweet Serendipity said...
    April 19, 2009 at 7:31 PM

    Those are hilarious! I love the second one. Great post. Thanks for stopping by!

  13. Heidi said...
    April 19, 2009 at 7:33 PM

    That Author Unknown sure is witty!

  14. Leslie said...
    April 19, 2009 at 7:45 PM

    Hahaha!! Oh so true!

    Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake. ~Author Unknown

    Happy Sunday!

  15. bookieboo said...
    April 19, 2009 at 8:15 PM

    My husband is the same way...he thinks about losing weight and it happens...he doesn't really have to do anything. And then it takes me 10x longer than him.

  16. Kathy B! said...
    April 19, 2009 at 8:57 PM

    Sigh. My lost weight keep s finding me, too!

  17. Ambrosia @ The Purple Booker said...
    April 19, 2009 at 9:10 PM

    Great Quotes.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates