Sunday, April 19, 2009

In The Zone ~ Auto Zone



I'm not sure if I'm mechanically inclined because I don't "do" car stuff.  That is Mr. Blonde's job.  I like my car to run. I don't even put gas in my car because when Mr. Blonde does it, it makes him feel sexy and useful, just my way of contributing to our steamy relationship. Yes, I'm conveniently helpless.

I've been having car issues this past week. One of the blondies left a door open over night and the battery went dead.  Very, very dead.  

I should mention that while Mr. Blonde is undoubtedly a sweetheart, is the love of my life and provider of greatness, he isn't Toolbox Joe, in fact, we are all better off if he stays away from anything resembling a tool.  He did study mechanical engineering at Vanderbilt as an undergraduate though, so he can often complete simple tasks without major trauma, although we always hold our breath until he is finished.

Let's just move on with the story and say that Mr. Blonde was not able to get the car started by jumping it.  He told me I should go to Auto Zone.

HUH? Auto Zone???? 

Apparently there are people who go to this auto store and can buy parts to fix their own cars! No, REALLY there is!

So, I took Baby Blondie into this Auto Zone place and she instantly went nuts showing me all the different screws and nuts and stuff.  Auto Zone is like a really dirty greasy Home Depot without the gardening section. 

There was a guy who clearly did NOT want to help me when I first approached him. He had that "ugh, blonde chic in distress" look.

I explained my problems and my witty charm must have won him over, because I think he actually warmed up to me. He took me to the section where you can buy these super duper high powered battery charger things.   It kind of looked like a Fisher-Price boom box to me, but if it could get my car running I was game.

Later that evening my hunky Mr. Blonde was able to get the car to start by using the boom box thing!  We let it run for a bit and then put it to bed for the night.  I was so excited to have my car back that it didn't even occur to me that my car might not start the next morning.

GRRRR...

I pulled out the big battery charger boom box thing and hooked it up. Do you have any idea what happens if you attach those things incorrectly?

"Fire Fire Fire Fire"

OK, stop screaming fire... DO something!!  EEEEk, unhook these things!

My car is a bit singed right now but she's on the mend.  I waited for Mr. Blonde to come home before I attempted anything else so that when the explosion occurred it wouldn't be my fault.

Long story short, Mr. Blonde was not able to revive the battery and had to put a new battery in the car today, and now I have my gas guzzling mommy bus back! 

I am one happy Blonde.....  and nothing revs my engine like when Mr. Blonde fixes something for me!!  Wink wink, nudge nudge.....


comments

12 Responses to "In The Zone ~ Auto Zone"
  1. zelzee said...
    April 19, 2009 at 1:52 PM

    The guys at Auto Zone run to throw up the "Closed" sign when I pull into the parking lot!

    And I'm a redhead...........

  2. Stacy Uncorked said...
    April 19, 2009 at 2:42 PM

    Oh that's too funny...your hubby sounds like mine! :)

    I absolutely agree with your description of Auto Zone - "a really dirty greasy Home Depot without the gardening section." Amen to that! :)

    Glad you got your gas guzzling mommy bus working again...and that your engine got revved by Mr. Blonde! LOL! ;)

  3. Janine (@twincident) said...
    April 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM

    Sheesh! You'd think they (at AutoZone) would have told you that making one false move on the Fisher Price boom box thing would cause a fire. I mean, you are blonde and obviously not an auto wiz. ;-)

  4. Kris said...
    April 19, 2009 at 3:50 PM

    You are SO brave! I never would have tried to attach that boom box to the car. I would have blown the thing up too. Glad you are safe.

    Nothing like having our "men" to fix things for us. Mine's mechanically inclined, but usually ends up screwing something up and making a bigger mess!

  5. Minxy Mimi said...
    April 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM

    HAHAHAHA
    I will never go to Auto Zone without thinking of you~
    Thanks for making me laugh!

  6. Heidi said...
    April 19, 2009 at 5:25 PM

    We really ARE twins. I don't pump gas. Period. And my hubby is no good with mechanical type stuff either. So sorry about the fire. Eep!

  7. bookieboo said...
    April 19, 2009 at 8:13 PM

    My father in law pumps gas for my mother in law too. When I met her, she hadn't pumped her own gas for over 25 years. She secretly asked me about 6 months ago to take her to the gas station to show her how to do it. I did and now she pretends she doesn't know how to do it. Yes, she is also conveniently helpless.

    Don't worry, I call them thingies too. I'm clueless when it comes to cars too. Thank God I have wit and charm as well.

  8. Kathy B! said...
    April 19, 2009 at 8:56 PM

    FIRE?! Girl, you are good :) And you hubby is better!

  9. Karen said...
    April 19, 2009 at 9:54 PM

    Very cute blog you have going here! I'm sooo looking forward to warmer weather this week. Thanks for stopping by my place, and I look foward to coming back over here.

  10. Anjanette Young said...
    April 19, 2009 at 11:15 PM

    I can change the oil, but the battery intimidates me....

    Glad you have your Mommy vehicle back.

  11. Aliceson said...
    April 20, 2009 at 9:49 AM

    I maintain that my husband can fix/ build anything but one time several years ago, he hooked up the jumper cables wrong and the battery blew up! Battery acid everywhere! At least he didn't have his head under the hood when she blew.

  12. Chef E said...
    April 22, 2009 at 10:55 AM

    Hubby is an engineer, so his hands never get greasy...he had triple AAA when we met; which I am happy to say my bad car days as a redhead are over...so with that I have to say, he can be late to anything he wants, because I love him for so many reasons :)

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates