Sunday, April 12, 2009

Quotable Sunday ~ Easter Beer


When I saw Toni's tweet tonight about Quotable Sunday, I felt a little jolt of guilt. I've always had my Sunday post scheduled way ahead of time. 

This has been an amazing week. I've gone from, blogger's block, to telling you why I have blogger's block, to feeling Nekkid for revealing the source of my blogger's block, to being at one with the source of my blogger's block, and going on Video to VLog about it, to now.... I wish you all a very Happy Easter and on this day when we celebrate rebirth and forgiveness, I'd like to share a few beer quotes (Toni told me to, so I figure I'm good...) .....


“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
~ a very wise yet anonymous person

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
Ernest Hemingway quotes

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
Benjamin Franklin quotes

“The mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.”
santiz
Egyptian Proverb quotes

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
Jack Handy


"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "
Frank Sinatra

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."


Go check out Toni for some REAL good quotes!

comments

20 Responses to "Quotable Sunday ~ Easter Beer"
  1. Aliceson said...
    April 12, 2009 at 5:21 AM

    I love the Frank Sinatra quote! Have a great holiday, and don't get peeped out!

  2. kel said...
    April 12, 2009 at 6:01 AM

    I love these!! so funny!

  3. zelzee said...
    April 12, 2009 at 6:13 AM

    Jack Handy is right...........just our small way of helping out the economy!

  4. Dixie said...
    April 12, 2009 at 7:41 AM

    LOL-I love that last explanation!

  5. Alice Audrey said...
    April 12, 2009 at 8:23 AM

    Well tha's Natural *hick!* Slection for you. Anybody seen my brain cells? N'vmind. Found them in this glass. C'n I h-h-haaaaave another?

  6. Unknown said...
    April 12, 2009 at 8:51 AM

    Love them! I like the story by Jack Handy, I never looked at it like that, we must help those brewery workers keep thier jobs too!

  7. Unknown said...
    April 12, 2009 at 10:01 AM

    Those are funny! My favorite would be: “Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
    Ernest Hemingway quotes

    Thanks for sharing!
    Happy Easter!

  8. Msslaydbug said...
    April 12, 2009 at 10:02 AM

    These are all great quotes. I think my favorite is the Sinatra Quote ! Thanks for sharing !

  9. The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...
    April 12, 2009 at 11:32 AM

    To funny! I agree with Anissa, Ernest gets my vote as fav quote !

    Jan

  10. Heidi said...
    April 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM

    Clearly I'm not drinking enough beer (none is far from enough, right?)

  11. Unknown said...
    April 12, 2009 at 1:33 PM

    Jack Handy cracks me up. Hope you had a wonderful easter :)

  12. Stacy Uncorked said...
    April 12, 2009 at 1:53 PM

    AHAHAHAHA! Love them!! My two favorites are Ernest Hemingway and Frank Sinatra...thanks for the laugh!!

    Hope you're having a very Happy Easter!! :)

  13. Mike said...
    April 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM

    Funny. Love them all.

    Happy Easter.


    Mike
    http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com

    Twitter: AboutParenting

  14. I am Harriet said...
    April 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM

    Easter Beer- love it!

  15. Shady Lady said...
    April 12, 2009 at 6:20 PM

    Well, ya see Norm... Loved it! LOL!

  16. LadyStyx said...
    April 12, 2009 at 8:12 PM

    Now that last one, it truly awesome!

  17. Kathy B! said...
    April 12, 2009 at 8:47 PM

    Beer has made me lean in many ways... and yet I'm still chubbier than I'd choose :)

  18. Rebecca Anne said...
    April 12, 2009 at 8:51 PM

    A good beer joke always makes me want to go grab one of the old stale, just in case I need one beers out of my fridge and chug like I was 21 all over again~

    YOU MADE A VLOG?
    That is the problem with perpetually being 4 days behind on everything, I miss all the cool stuff. I'm off to track it down!
    Rebecca

  19. Dee said...
    April 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM

    those are great!

  20. Kate Smedley said...
    April 14, 2009 at 12:10 AM

    I''m so late getting to these, they are so funny, especially Ernest Hemingway.... must learn from him!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates