Friday, March 6, 2009

25 Random Things About Me (because you know you care)


If you are on Facebook chances are you have received this tag from at least 87 of your closest friends.  I ignored it over and over and over, but one day I realized that people really do want to know who I am.  They love me, need to know more about me, want to laugh with me, and get me to share secrets with them.  

So, I finally sat down and wasted precious moments on this crazy list.  I could have been blogging instead.... wait!!  Perhaps YOU also care that much about me!!!  

Here it is:  25 Random Things About Me 

1. I'm a closet slob
2. If I didn't have a cleaning lady I'd be a house slob
3. Bryer's mint choc chip ice cream is dreamy. I like to mush it up into a cream and savor every bite, right down to the bottom of the tub.
4. I was the worst, laziest, slowest runner on the track team in high school (remember?) but I now run half marathons regularly and enjoy it.
5. Oh, and I don't vomit 2 minutes into a run anymore. But my ankle still clicks; helps me keep pace.
6. Speaking of vomit, I once barfed on Kacki's shoe on the way to Jonathan's and she still agreed to be my Maid of Honor.
7. I was never the greatest of violinists but now that I don't do it professionally I'm pretty impressive!
8. I'm really proud of my brother, Stew. His band is famous and he married the most rockin' girl who has a family everyone wishes they had!
9. My mom is the most beautiful, strongest, kindest person I know.
10. My husband loves me lots and I'm still trying to figure out how I got so lucky. I love him, he is my uberdude!
11. Yeeesh, I'm only on 11....
12. I have been trying to quit drinking diet coke for at least 10 years now.
13. I get panicky on skis but can snowboard down anything.
14. I am considering botox, and other plastic surgery
15. I'm too chicken to every actually have botox or plastic surgery
16. I love Gossip Girl, 90210, and all those silly teen dramas
17. My middle child Henry is named after a Thomas The Tank Engine train
18. Am wondering if anyone is actually reading this
19. I'm actually 4' 11'' - I've been lying my whole life and saying that I am 5' - definitely 5' with shoes on so leave me alone.
20. When I answer the phone at my house people still ask if my mother is home.
21. I love the book, Eats, Shoots & Leaves, even if it makes me a dork.
22. Motherhood is world changing, I was meant to be a stay at home diva, I mean mother.
23. This list is painful
24. I love words. Playing, writing etc. I can beat almost anyone (except sometimes my mother and Dixie) at Scrabble. I'm the Pathwords queen. I like words, I like playing with words and letters.
25. I'm a closet geek, I think.


comments

13 Responses to "25 Random Things About Me (because you know you care)"
  1. Aliceson said...
    March 6, 2009 at 8:09 AM

    I have a feeling that my list would be similar to yours except for all the talent and barfing while running... a girl from high school would throw up after every cross country race. What's up with that?

    Botox interests me too but the whole idea of not being able to move my face kind of puts the breaks on that one.

    Great list!

  2. rachel... said...
    March 6, 2009 at 10:32 AM

    2. I am jealous of anyone with a cleaning lady.

    12. I struggle with the same addiction. I have to put strict limits on my Diet Coke intake.

    14. I'd like the results of plastic surgery, but I'm also too chicken to have any of the procedures. And too poor.

    19. I actually AM 5' tall. I lie and say I'm 5'1".

    24. My mother is the only one who can beat me at Scrabble, too.

  3. Heidi said...
    March 6, 2009 at 12:51 PM

    I'm totally with you on 1, 2, 3, 7 (but only in the way that I have always wanted to play and took lessons when I was in my 30's but now I can't play b/c of my stupid fibro!) 9, 10, 14, 15 and 24. I challenge you to a game of pathwords!

  4. Ute said...
    March 6, 2009 at 3:06 PM

    I love, love, love having a cleaning lady. I want to kiss her feet. :)

  5. The Caffeinatrix/IzzyMom said...
    March 6, 2009 at 5:01 PM

    I loooove Gossip Girl! But the reruns are KILLING ME!

  6. Banteringblonde said...
    March 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM

    lol I would and have given up everything else first before giving up my cleaning lady. Heidi... bring it! I'll friend you and see what happens!

  7. Banteringblonde said...
    March 6, 2009 at 5:18 PM

    Oh and the reruns of Gossip Girl are criminal!

  8. Opus #6 said...
    March 6, 2009 at 9:47 PM

    Great list. One I can relate to.

  9. theothermother said...
    March 6, 2009 at 9:56 PM

    1. You're the Queen of Pathwords
    2. Diet Coke isn't good if you want to avoid Osteporosis, or so says my doctor.
    3. I'm old and I love 90210
    4. Go start a game of Scrabble, will you?
    5. Good cleaning ladies are the bomb!
    6. Have you tried Breyer's Peach ice cream?

  10. Shady Lady said...
    March 6, 2009 at 10:57 PM

    2. Cleaning lady is awesome! Mine left my house simply sparkling today. I can't wait until I can afford bi-weekly!
    10. I feel the same way! Every day I am amazed at how lucky I am.

    Great list!

  11. Jennifer said...
    March 7, 2009 at 12:28 AM

    Agh! I love your list! Hilarious! And yes, I do care! ;-) BTW, loooving the new banner!

  12. Beeswax said...
    March 7, 2009 at 7:03 AM

    Love your header. I respect you for being a closet geek, but you should come out. Is very liberating. See, now that I am self-proclaimed nerd, anything remotely cool that I do is very impressive to others.

  13. Candid Carrie said...
    March 9, 2009 at 4:01 PM

    You had me at Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates