Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Cost of a Girl's Day Out


This is me and my Sista (as in sorority sister - Gamma Phi Beta - Vanderbilt) Leslie.  Leslie lives not too far from me, but we don't get to hang all that often so we ditched the families this weekend and headed to Beaver Creek for a day of kid-free skiing.

We had such a great time.  Talking about everything you could imagine.  I love how time between two good friends seems to stand still.  It was jut like hanging out at Vandy a decade ago (errr.... ok, more than a decade).

My hubby watched the kiddos for the day.  He is really great with the kids, loves spending time with them and never begrudges me time with friends.  I love him for this.  In fact, next weekend I'm going away for three whole days to ski with some girlfriends.  He rules!

In this economy, one must consider the cost of such outings.  In looking over my expenses from this weekend I am trying to determine if it was worth the cost.  I have broken down the costs incurred on Saturday's trip:

Cost of Trip with Leslie:
Gas - $30
Lift Ticket - $0 (I have a season pass)
Equipment - $0 (own it)
Clothing - $0 (already justified by cuteness factor months ago)
Lunch - $0 (met up with old friend and parents treated us to lunch)

Free Babysitter - (Uh..... Take a look at the aftermath and let me know what you think I should charge Sweet Love of My Life for his services.) 

I'm thinking $30 sounds good.  So....

Free Babysitter (-$30)
 
TOTAL COST:  $0

Is it worth the cost?

You betcha!

comments

6 Responses to "The Cost of a Girl's Day Out"
  1. Anonymous said...
    February 24, 2009 at 11:00 AM

    You know, the accountant in me can't help but say you're supposed to pro-rate the season pass and depreciate the equipment, but the mom in me says good for you for taking a vacation from the kids so you'll be better with them and the friend in me says to heck with the cost, how often do you get to play?

  2. BookChook said...
    February 24, 2009 at 12:20 PM

    Holy Moly! I turn my back for ten seconds and your blog's been zapped? A Makeover? I like it!

    Am now following you on twitter. And linked here from Tueday Toot! We rock, you and I!

    I've almost run out of exclamation marks, so must go. Oh, one more thing, your husband rocks, too!

  3. Heidi said...
    February 24, 2009 at 8:10 PM

    The "cuteness factor" comment is priceless--as was your trip!

  4. Jewel Allen said...
    February 25, 2009 at 7:58 AM

    Definitely worth it! Cheaper than therapy bills :-)

  5. La Mom-an American Mom in Paris said...
    February 26, 2009 at 1:00 PM

    Oh yeah. I have some friends who went to Vandy too!

  6. John Bryan said...
    March 1, 2009 at 10:26 AM

    I was SO expecting to get trashed in the comments. You ladies ROCK! (I'll point out in any case that 2 of the 3 pictures are due to the 3 year old. Wow, what a mess she is.)

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates