Monday, April 19, 2010

Need an excuse to start running? The Inaugural Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon


I'm a distance runner.  It takes me a few miles before I really feel good.  I love to run, but I'm a fair weather runner.  I remember some cold training runs during high school. (I also remember running a mile or so to a friends house and hanging out and watching Days of Our Lives, and then running back to school so we could record an hour long run.  Sadly, this form of training doesn't exactly work.  It didn't for me anyway.)  We'd bundle up and head out in snow storms and rain.  The smell of wet ick is still strong in my mind when I think of days like that.  Thankfully, spring has arrived and and I'm looking forward to logging some miles and setting some goals.  I've run a few half marathons in the past and it is my favorite distance race.  This summer MomActive will be working with groups of moms that have never run before. We'll be showing them

Today over on MomActive we'll be launching the first in a three part training series for people of all fitness levels.  You'll be able to set your own goals and we'll help you design a training schedule complete with nutrition advice and support!  We'll also be announcing a new partnership between myself and Michele Mcgraw @scrappinmichele to bring MomActive to a new level!  Part of this will include the the three part running series that will end with a 12 week 1/2 marathon training program that will prepare anyone who wants to join us for The Inaugural Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon in Florida October 2nd.  It is sure to be an amazingly fun race with entertainment and distraction, a true "runner's night out", starting at 10pm at night and ending with an after hours party! We'll be sharing more details over the next few months but our goal is to get anyone, even if you have never ever run before, to join us and, whether you decide to run a 5k or come to Disney with us, you'll have support and fun along the way.

If you are interested in more information please join the monthly newsletter email list and head on over to MomActive and take a look around!

comments

4 Responses to "Need an excuse to start running? The Inaugural Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon"
  1. EatPlayLove said...
    April 19, 2010 at 7:31 AM

    Can't wait to read the posts at momactive. Now that spring is here I am wanting to run more. My interest waivers so I'm constantly looking for inspiration to get out there!

  2. Michele McGraw said...
    April 19, 2010 at 9:38 AM

    I'm really excited and totally scared at the same time. :D Either way, this will be a fantastic journey!!

  3. Jen Hinton said...
    April 19, 2010 at 11:29 AM

    YAYYYY so glad to see you two finally partnering up....you two together will make amazing things happen!

  4. Shady Lady said...
    April 19, 2010 at 11:01 PM

    I have quite a few friends who run. I don't run. That rocks that you love it so much!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates