Monday, March 29, 2010

Shake Yer Bon Bons Friends, Ricky Martin is Finally Out


I love Ricky Martin, I love his bon bon and I love that he chose social media as the vehicle to let the world know that he is a homosexual, announcing on his blog and via twitter "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."  I'm pretty sure I'm not the only fan that tried to stifle the word "really?"... NOTRicky, honey, growing up in the arts, being turned down by all of my gay crushes... let's just say that my gaydar is well trained and I'm so happy we can stop trying to fool one another.

Ricky writes, "Many people told me: "Ricky it's not important", "it's not worth it", "all the years you've worked and everything you've built will collapse", "many people in the world are not ready to accept your truth, your reality, your nature."

Is this still the reality?  Do you think we'd all have been "Livin' La Vida Loca" if we knew Ricky was gay?  UH HELLO .... we all knew.  So YAH, I'd have to say yes, for me anyway.  I have to hope that tolerance grows over time and that people like American Idol, Adam Lambert, who took a little less time (several years less) than Clay Aiken to stop playin' games, will pave the way and show artists that their real fans love them even if the chance of having dirty sex and bon bon lovin' doesn't exist.  Because we all know that if Ricky weren't gay he'd soooo be my boy toy.  Just sayin'

comments

8 Responses to "Shake Yer Bon Bons Friends, Ricky Martin is Finally Out"
  1. The Casual Perfectionist said...
    March 29, 2010 at 10:58 PM

    When I first saw this "announcement," I thought it was a joke...I mean, I thought he came out YEARS ago.

    My bad.
    ;)

  2. La Mom-an American Mom in Paris said...
    March 29, 2010 at 11:11 PM

    I'm with Casual Perfectionist here. I thought he was already in the living room he was so far out of the closet.

    I saw his bon bons live in Paris at Bercy staduim and I assure you he knows how to shake them.

    La Mom
    An American Mom in Paris

  3. Shady Lady said...
    March 29, 2010 at 11:36 PM

    Crawling out from under my rock here. Yeah...I had no idea. Crawling back under now... ;)

  4. AiringMyLaundry said...
    March 30, 2010 at 3:19 PM

    No man who can move his hips like that can be straight. I wasn't surprised.

  5. Kathy said...
    March 31, 2010 at 9:58 AM

    I thought we knew this awhile ago. LOL Good for Ricky.

  6. Rachel Ferrucci said...
    April 2, 2010 at 9:03 PM

    I'm so confused cause i thought this was already out. Too bad ...he's so darn cute..not that I had a chance, but a girl can dream.

  7. AdriansCrazyLife said...
    April 2, 2010 at 10:41 PM

    I don't mind that, I think we all figured that out years ago, but did they happen to mention his recently adopted twin sons? This might have a bit of an impact on them. Interesting that he waited until after that point to make this announcement.

  8. prashant said...
    April 10, 2010 at 7:22 PM

    I thought he was already in the living room he was so far out of the closet.
    home based data entry

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates