Sunday, February 14, 2010

Disney Social Media Moms Celebration ~ WOW


We arrived home from Orlando late last night, exhausted, exhilarated, and inspired.  I've sat down to write and do not know where to start.  This will likely be the first of several posts over the next week or so because between the speakers, the entertainment, the hospitality, the fun, the people, the everything, I have much to say!
I have to thank Disney for inviting my family to enjoy the magic.  My eldest son Will, came out of his shell on this trip.  My daughter Kat was enchanted, and even Henry who was not feeling well the first few days, enjoyed himself.  We were spoiled at every turn and even my husband and I were surprised to rediscover the magic that is Disney!
I also have to say that Disney really and truly "gets it".  I've always admired Disney's pr and marketing, but on this trip I was able to see that they understand and respect the "social media moms". We were considered as members of the press and the professionalism with which we were treated went way beyond anything I've ever experienced as a blogger.  As a professional I've always been able to see the stark difference between the way I am treated when I wear my blogger hat vs. consultant hat and it was just really refreshing and exciting to experience being respected as a blogger/social media influencer.  I can't wait to sit down and share some of the exciting new things that Disney will introduce this year.  I'll also be writing about the speakers we were treated to, the entertainment, and yes of course, you know that I'll be pulling apart and looking at the different observations I had from a business/marketing/pr sense.
Stay tuned! 

comments

5 Responses to "Disney Social Media Moms Celebration ~ WOW"
  1. Stesha said...
    February 14, 2010 at 8:46 PM

    The tweets from the Disney Moms were so informative. It seems as though everyone there had a great time. I wish I could have been there. Maybe next time!

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

  2. Shady Lady said...
    February 14, 2010 at 11:40 PM

    Ooh! I can't wait to hear. We love Disney!!

  3. Krystal Grant said...
    February 15, 2010 at 6:14 PM

    I'm glad your family had a great time. I can't wait to hear all the details about the trip.

  4. Sarah Fader said...
    February 16, 2010 at 5:22 PM

    I've been hearing a lot about the Disney Moms Conference. Sounds like it was quite informative!

  5. Stephanie said...
    February 18, 2010 at 10:52 AM

    Sounds like you had an amazing time. Leave it to Disney to do it right!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates