Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Long Live The Snooze Button!


Do you use the "snooze" button on your alarm?  I do.  I think I probably hit at least three or four times everymorning.  


My alarm goes of at 6:29 am every morning and every morning I slap the snooze button.  Then it goes off at 6:35, 6:41, and 6:47.  At 6:47 I force myself to sit up in bed.  I know that if I don't get my kids up in the next few minutes we'll definitely be late for school.  We have to leave the house at 7:40 (translation:  we scream our way to the car at 7:58 each day).  


I would love to be one of those people who gets into bed at a decent hour and wakes up to shower and cook breakfast before everyone else wakes up.  I'd really like to wake up at 5 and exercise.  Years ago, I used to wake up at 5am and hit a 5:30am yoga class every morning.  Some mornings I'd even have time for a quick run when I got home.  What happened?  I can't seem to get myself to fall asleep early in the evening.  I find myself up working.  If I'm working on a specific project it is not unusual to find myself still working past 1 or 2 am.  


If I want something, shouldn't I figure out how to make it happen?  I've been spending some time thinking about how to get back to a place where I feel less stressed, rushed, and frazzled.  A place where I'm following my own advice - Mom is key and Mom must be whole and well.  I'm not feeling so whole lately.  


What to do?  Perhaps I should set the alarm for 6am?  Guess what?  I am pretty sure that I'd still press "snooze" until 6:47am.

comments

10 Responses to "Long Live The Snooze Button!"
  1. AiringMyLaundry said...
    October 27, 2009 at 8:35 PM

    People wake up at 5 and EXERCISE?

    Yikes.

  2. Anonymous said...
    October 27, 2009 at 9:14 PM

    I stay up way too late too. It's the only time of day when I get alone time. It's a hard habit to break too.

  3. Stesha said...
    October 28, 2009 at 6:53 AM

    Fiona, I am the queen of the snooze button! I think I should be fined for snooze abuse.

    Glad to hear we're not the only family "screaming our way to the car!"

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

  4. Unknown said...
    October 28, 2009 at 10:21 AM

    Love the snooze button, but my alarm starts at 4:45 (yes really)! Try the 6 am you may surprise yourself by getting up at 6:25!

  5. Jen @ After The Alter said...
    October 28, 2009 at 11:03 AM

    I think I'm in for a rude awakening when I have kids...I currently get up at 8:15 during the week and like 10 during the weekends...I am in no way a morning person. I tried setting my alarm to go to the gym and finally I just accepted that I won't get up until I know I have to...like you said if I set my alarm for earlier knowing I didn't actually HAVE to be up till whatever time...there is no way I'd get up!

  6. Randi Troxell said...
    October 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM

    yea.. 5 AM and exercising... yea that's that totally NOT cool in my book...

  7. Stacy Uncorked said...
    October 28, 2009 at 6:57 PM

    I definitely use the snooze button, too. Usually I'll set the alarm 10 minutes earlier than what time I need to wake up so I can hit the snooze at least once...which then turns into 3 times. :)

  8. hicksgirl93 said...
    October 28, 2009 at 7:05 PM

    I do the same thing! Im so ashamed because lately I wake up late, which makes the kids wake up late and we have a late start on the school day. Which is really bad, since we homeschool! uuugggghhhh . You've just inspired a blogpost out of me. LOL!

  9. Unknown said...
    October 30, 2009 at 7:07 AM

    I LOVE my snooze button way too much! I really need to get to bed earlier too. I keep saying that and it doesn't happen. Someday...maybe....

  10. AdriansCrazyLife said...
    October 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

    Oh my gosh, I do exactly the same thing. So what I did to counteract it, I got a wake up call. Just like when you stay in a hotel. It's an on-line service and you set it up to call you, but it only gives you ONE snooze of about 5 minutes. After that, I KNOW I have to get up because I'll go back to sleep for hours if I don't. Plus I like it because I can set different times for different days of the week. How cool is that!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates