Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blogalicious09 ~ Best Blog Conference of the Year




I'll be heading home to Denver in a few hours. I love the giddy feeling of excitement you get when you've had a fantastic weekend away and are ready to get home and love all over your babies and hubby. This is the feeling I have right now. I feel fulfilled, optimistic, empowered, motivated.

I attended Blogalicious09 this weekend. Yes, you read that correctly. I attended a conference in Atlanta for women of color. Why does the whitest white girl on the web want to attend a conference for women of color? Let me tell you.

First, I attended to learn. Any time intelligent people get together to talk about social media I see value in attending. The women at this conference were not just tall and un-freakin-believably beautiful, they were intelligent, well-spoken, highly educated, engaging... I could go on and on. I did learn. I learned a lot. I learned more than just what I went there to learn.

Second, My soul sistas @chatterboxcgc and @askwifey were involved with the conference and I don't just love these women, I celebrate them. From the very first interactions I had with these women online, there was a connection. We have similar values, we've shared similar experiences, and they are just plain fun gals! I was here to listen and to learn and to show my support. My girl @keepitclassyjen was also there as a speaker. And, honestly, do you think I was going to pass up on an opportunity to roll with @theblogrollers on their home turf? (I'm not sayin' that those girls took me out to breakfast til' 4am or anything like the picture above might suggest).

Third, the lovely ladies from Sun Kissed Mommy sponsored my conference ticket. They wanted me there too. My friends were thrilled that I was there. I was not the only white girl in the room, by the way. This was a conference like any other conference we've all been to over the past few months. Actually, I have to confess... this conference was, by far, the best blogging conference I have attended. Content, location, cost, accommodation, food (hello, I won't be weighing in at WW on Monday!). The professionalism of this crowd is undeniable. The vibe was positive and supportive. I met several ladies that you will be seeing as editors on the new MomActive website when it re-launches later this month as a magazine style web community. If I were able to choose only one conference to attend all year? THIS is the one I would choose.

Kudos to the women of Mama Law. Ya'll just set the bar. (no pun intended tee hee)

comments

14 Responses to "Blogalicious09 ~ Best Blog Conference of the Year"
  1. Jennifer said...
    October 11, 2009 at 10:49 AM

    This was AWESOME! I lurrrvee you! You are someone who growing quickly because you get!

  2. CG said...
    October 11, 2009 at 10:56 AM

    Seriously, I REALLY did NOT need to cry ANYMORE today! This post really touched my heart. I am so glad you are my friend! Love you!!

  3. Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...
    October 11, 2009 at 3:04 PM

    It couldn't have been THE best cause I wasn't there ;) Glad you had a great time- the tweets coming from the conference were really informative!

  4. Ann Imig said...
    October 11, 2009 at 7:39 PM

    Congratulations, Fiona! You are a powerhouse. Truly. You've taking blogging and building your brand to such a quality, professional level--very impressive.

    Ann

  5. Unknown said...
    October 12, 2009 at 5:40 AM

    Wonderful post. What can I say ... Fiona, I consider you a dear friend and absolutely love keeping you out until 4 a.m. LOL!

    Winks, Love & Smiles,
    Wifey

  6. Randi Troxell said...
    October 12, 2009 at 8:02 AM

    great post.. glad you had such fun!

  7. Yoly said...
    October 12, 2009 at 10:49 AM

    Excellent post! It was great meeting you.

  8. Talking with Tami said...
    October 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM

    It was nice meeting you lets stay connected!!!

  9. Krystal Grant said...
    October 12, 2009 at 3:19 PM

    Touching post. We had a great time this weekend. I'm so happy I've found a fellow blogger that's as short as I am! Can't wait to see you at the next conference!

  10. Kim Moldofsky said...
    October 14, 2009 at 8:04 AM

    I thought I was the whitest woman on the web, but you are blonde, so may you win, after all.

    I agree that this was a fabulous conference for everyone (and yes, there were an exception number of tall, beautiful women).

    It was great meeting you and thanks for the Poken!

  11. Sunkissed Mommy said...
    October 20, 2009 at 12:48 PM

    We were thrilled with the individuals we were able to sponsor. I am glad you had a great time. Look forward to working with you in the future.

  12. Justice Fergie said...
    October 22, 2009 at 7:14 AM

    Hi Fiona!!

    Your post was wonderful. We are SO glad you had a great time and even more glad that you supported Blogalicious from the very beginning. Can't wait to see you in Miami next year...hopefully we'll actually be able to hang out!

  13. Ananda said...
    October 29, 2009 at 11:00 AM

    Hi Sistalove Fiona. It ws so good to meet you at Blogalicious. Thanks for giving me a charge for my Vado flip cam and attending the yoga lobby chat. Enjoy your fall season! Many blessings, Ananda

  14. Anonymous said...
    November 19, 2009 at 11:02 PM
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates