Friday, September 25, 2009

Type A Moms BookieBoo and Banteringblonde Finally Meet In Person!


Here I am in Asheville, NC and I finally met my partner Leah, in person for the first time! She grabbed my ass from behind, in total Leah fashion, when she spotted me from across the room. We looked at each other and hugged one another jumping up and down like idiots in the middle of the bar.

My trip here was uneventful but exhausting! I took the red-eye 1:15am from Denver to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Asheville. When I landed in Atlanta I had a DM from @keyinfluencer saying he was in the airport at gate A4 just about to board his plane. I was literally walking under the sign that said gate A this way when I read it so I totally hopped the escalator and ran to the train. I ran all the way to gate A4 and got there as they were closing the doors!! I looked out the window at the plane and was thanking Jesus that I hadn't had anything to eat because I just may have let it all go at that moment. FAIL.... no James for me :(

When I finally got to the hotel it was about 10:30 am so I snuggled up in my jammies and fell asleep until @keepitclassyjen and @scrappinmichele smacked into the room around 1:30. We geeked around for the afternoon and then headed down to meet up with everyone. It's so fun to see everyone in a much smaller intimate environment than Blogher was. The speed dating was even fun! We did it in groups at round tables and so we met lots of people at one time and had plenty of time to share stories. Loved it!

The Earth Footwear folk are here with all their awesome shoes. Ladies, the boots are awesome! They brought all the pretty shoes and I'm all over at least two pair of those boots! They do their filming today for a national campaign and vetting for a campaign in different cities around the country. Put yer smiles on and head down there!

The Blue Momtini festivities in the bar were fun fun fun. Lots of MomTV action and I had a blast hanging out with Christie and Loraine. Of course, I got to see Leah! I was outside the bar listening to a voice mail when I saw Tracey Mallett - woot! She is adorable. She had no idea who I was at first. She was probably all... "omg, who is this psycho fan trying to accost me?" Once she realized who I was she was laughing - so funny when you meet people in person for the first time after months of seeing them on a video screen! Tracey is just as adorable and fun in person as she is on all her videos and when we see her on MomTV for Mamavation Mondays.

Had a great night sleep and woke up early to workout with Michele. We hit the gym, which I have to say is really quite nice for a hotel, and now I'm sitting here typing away while I should be getting ready for the day.

That's my report from Asheville for now. Looking forward to some more networking, the SEO session today, hangin' with the Earth Footwear folk (the planetshoe.com gal is so much fun to talk to - I want her job! Well, not her actual job because I could never steal a persons job but I'd love to have a job like the one she has. got it? right? cool.) , more scheming with my gals, and meeting more fabulous ladies!

TTFN!



comments

9 Responses to "Type A Moms BookieBoo and Banteringblonde Finally Meet In Person!"
  1. Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...
    September 25, 2009 at 6:08 AM

    So jealous, Leah, Christie, Michele, Jen, you...all my favorite bloggy gals. Have a blast! (and then a little extra fun for me) I will be hosting 5 twelve year old boys for a sleepover....heh...

  2. septembermom said...
    September 25, 2009 at 9:34 AM

    Enjoy yourself! Sounds like fun:)

  3. Night Owl Mama said...
    September 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM

    Fun FUn FUn can't wait to hear more of your adventures. I can't wait to make a meeting and meet many bloggers in person 2

  4. Mommy to ♥Pickle and SugarPlum♥ said...
    September 25, 2009 at 11:27 PM

    couldn't stop smiling while I read your post...So glad you got to meet some of your fave peeps in REAL life!!! I can't wait to do the same! Enjoy the rest of your time there!

  5. HeartsMakeFamilies said...
    September 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM

    I really love your blog so I left you something on my blog. Please stop by. Thanks for sharing.

  6. Theta Mom said...
    September 27, 2009 at 6:35 PM

    I so want to meet some bloggy friends in person! I'm sure you had a blast! I follow you on twitter and never realized you had a blog! Just found your blog from Tami and I would love to follow you if you follow my blog as well. :)

  7. Jodi Shaw said...
    September 27, 2009 at 9:07 PM

    I am in awe you guys get to do all these things. Days without hubby and the kids mmmm let me think! Have a great time!

    I love your blog so I left a blog award for you on my site to pick up when you get back.

  8. Anonymous said...
    September 29, 2009 at 8:04 PM

    looks like you had a great time

  9. bookieboo said...
    October 13, 2009 at 2:40 PM

    OMG..this is the first time I'm seeing this post. Yes, it WAS amazing to see you in person! I know I'm an ass grabber...can't help it...I just can't stop myself! You had a great one! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!! And miss you already :(

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates