Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Poken Releases Sleek New Gadget Poken Pulse







Do you have a Pulse? Check it out! Our favorite social networking tool, Poken, is all grown up! For months we've been hearing rumors that the providers of the cute characterized gadgets that some describe as "virtual business cards", would soon release a "business" poken and today it has finally arrived in the form of the Poken Pulse! StartPoken.com released these babies for sale at the strike of midnight and is expecting the buzz to be huge.

I've been a huge fan of the Poken concept from the beginning but I have to admit that I've longed for a more professional looking gadget. I think the sleek new design answers many of the critics' complaints that the original Poken Spark were too juvenile to be taken seriously. It isn't as much of a conversation piece as my geisha Poken, but I will definitely feel more comfortable using something like this in a professional setting.

The Poken Pulse has the added functionality of 2G on-board flash memory and easily updatable firmware. While the original Poken holds 64 contacts the Pulse boasts the ability to hold hundreds of contacts between uploads.

The Pulse can also be customized to feature company logos. I can totally see companies handing these out at conferences and large events as swag, rather than just the boring old flash drives. The Pulse will still hold all the files those companies want you to have with your free flash, but it also allows them to preload their own business card. It's a marketing/pr professional's dream gadget!

Head on over to StartPoken.com and take a look, tell them The Bantering Blonde sent ya!


comments

8 Responses to "Poken Releases Sleek New Gadget Poken Pulse"
  1. Cheryl said...
    September 22, 2009 at 4:13 PM

    I really like that one!!!! I am so going to have to pick one up soon!

  2. Michele McGraw (ScrappinMichele) said...
    September 22, 2009 at 4:24 PM

    I don't just want one, I NEED ONE! I love it. Very professional looking, holds files, what more could you ask for? :D

  3. Anonymous said...
    September 22, 2009 at 4:34 PM

    Now I NEED one of these...hehe :)

  4. World Poken Tour said...
    September 22, 2009 at 11:40 PM

    What I really love about the pulse is there is no longer a 64 contact ceiling. Poken FTW!

  5. Sultan said...
    September 23, 2009 at 12:04 AM

    Wow, this is cool.

  6. Michel H said...
    September 23, 2009 at 2:50 AM

    For Europeans, Poken Pulse can be bought at http://www.pokenpulse.eu, have not yet seen other shops although there are probably more.

    I didn't like the Spark, this one looks a lot better!

  7. La'Tonya Richardson said...
    September 23, 2009 at 11:44 AM

    I've wonderd what in the world is a POKEN! I follow the link you gave, and found out. I'm adding it to my Christmas list!

  8. Nicole @ WhenDidIBecomeMyMom.com said...
    October 16, 2009 at 1:25 PM

    Cool! That's a great "why didn't I think of that" idea. It's got huge potential!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates