Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm a Blogger/Vlogger Damnit and I have FINALLY Arrived!!!


I love blogging and vlogging my way through life. I love making people laugh and I've made some great friends along the way. I've never TRULY pissed anyone off. Although, yesterday my quote about insane asylums and motherhood didn't hit well with some of my favorite loyal readers (sorry guys - it was written in jest!). Today I woke up to an inbox of emails from YouTube comments on one of the restaurant reviews I vlogged last winter. Hideous, mean, and really quite awful comments.

Let me just say that I have made the video private because the review was really not that bad and I don't want to attract negative attention to a restaurant that doesn't deserve it. I wish I could keep it public because this could have been my moment. You know, the moment that boosts my traffic beyond belief and turns me into a bloggy star hated by many and followed my millions?

Since many of you won't have seen the video, I'll just say that I had terrible service at a restaurant that I happened to be vlogging from. It was intended to be a family outing vlog and it turned into a comedy of errors on the part of the restaurant staff... so I went with it. And the server was never on video (the manager did make a small appearance when he handed me my meal and has since been blurred out).

BY POPULAR DEMAND... I have edited the restaurant name out of the video and am posting it here just for you. Please feel free to call me fat ... it is so motivating that I think I've already lost three pounds today.



So, I thought I'd post some of the comments here so you could see them and rally around me or hate on me and we can pretend I'm really controversial and all! And I have to say THANKS a million to the trolls who picked this up and brought so much traffic to me!

x has made a comment

good thing you reproduced cause you suck! did you knit that sweater yourself that your daughter/son was wearing??? (why thank you, but I'm not quite that talented.)

x has made a comment

have you ever worked in a restaurant (why, YES I have) cause im pretty sure if you have you would never smell a discount and you would appreciate wait staff which you obviously don't cause they work their asses off!!! (hmmmm, there was a full staff of servers in this restaurant with perhaps four tables seated and I had HORRIBLE service) if you know what work means (work .. hmm that must be that thing I do so that I can afford to PAY you to serve me properly) . this video just brings to reality how ridiculous costumers can be in the serving industry. i would like to see you work as a server for one day and deal with the shit servers have to and then get put on youtube for it. (Bring it on honey, I'll serve circles around you with a smile on my face. I'm good on camera that way ;))

x has made a comment

i hope your kids work as servers one day and have to deal with people like you!!! (me too! It was one of the best life lessons ever and I was smart enough to work my ass off and make lots of money to pay for school so that I hopefully never have to do it again! Now Bar-tending? THAT I could probably never do - people would wonder why half their drink was gone before it got to them...)

x has made a comment

p.s. this is the 4th person to see this video tonight (WOOT, visit my blog and comment PLEASE?), and only a cunt like you would order a salad at a mexican restaurant (Must be lots of us around since I'm pretty sure it was on the MENU). Plus you are a total bitch and i hope your children don't end up as servers for a restaurant but as the garbage people who pick out the dumpsters in the back 3 times a week. you should probably just go on the meth diet anyways and stop eating at restaurants because you look at least 40 pounds over a normal female's weight. (actually 10 but thanks for the motivation. I think I'll pass on the meth, though.)

p.s. head chef says: "Fuck you" (why thank you sir, glad you can take criticism so well - and I'm sure we'll all be so comfortable dining in your establishment -YOU just put this place at the bottom of my dining list.)


x has made a comment

Im with Seanruinslives, BITCH!! You can really tell a lot about a person when she takes it upon herself to bring a camera into a restaurant (which I'm sure didn't make your server uncomfortable at all while they were trying to do their fucking JOB) and thinks that anyone gives a flying fuck about her opinion. (Never filmed the server and haven't you heard? MOM'S opinion RULES, asshole!) Im sure if someone came into your job (if you have one) and decided to critique every fucking step you take on camera, your performance wouldn't be affected at all. (I could actually use the help, email me if you are a PR pro, I'm in way over my head) Here's an idea- if you

x has made a comment

really feel that its necessary to drag your fat ass off the couch and stuff your face in public, you could at least do your poor children the honor of giving them the attention of their fucking mother. (If you could use the F word a little less frequently I might actually take you seriously and start paying attention to my children -- that would probably piss them off though...) If your parenting skills are anything like your cinematography, I would start saving for your kids' therapy (that is if they don't slit their wrists or overdose on meth (meth again, hmmm I'm sensing a theme) before you realize how fucking worthless you are as a mother). Have you ever considered, that maybe the reason this "happens to

x has made a comment

[you] all the time" is because you have a shitty attitude? If someone talks down to you and has a smug little comment for every LITTLE fucking thing you do, would you treat them as well as you would treat people who understand you don't ENJOY serving pretentious housewives who fill their meaningless existence with pointless hobbies like online-video-blog-restaurant-evaluations, they do it to pay the bills. So get a life, get some respect for those around you, or just get a gun and shoot yourself (well now, my meaningless existence is really fun, so I don't think I'll go shooting myself anytime soon.)

x has made a comment

ok lets get this straight A) you want a salad without dressing, but when you dont get what you want its not a polite question to the waiter, its a fuck you?? (uh, I don't usually use the F word so you must be hard of hearing) lady do you know who has control over your food? B) Cinnamon is a spice you dumb fuck. (so is posh) C) you want women's rights well congrats you got it, you have the right to ask for a pen like everyone else does. i can see that second missing beer on your ass. Just try going to another restaurant, you just went public, welcome to the network bitch. (well, there is a good way to promote your industry... and thanks again for the motivation. By not eating out anymore I'll be able to get the second missing beer off my ass. Phew... if I'd known it was that easy I'd have pissed off a troll a long time ago!)

x has made a comment

You do realize that if this video gets back to the manager, you have cost that server his job? (Uh since the manager was the only one that even remotely appeared (his hand mostly) I'm pretty sure that won't happen... he was aware of the problem) Was the service so crappy that you feel the need to help this man to unemployment in this economy? I often have to modify food ordered at restaurants to fit my fitness training and nutritional needs and I have never had an issue. (you must not eat out much) If you consistently have a problem with poor service, it may be that you are blaming the wrong party. (hmmm blame Canada?)


X has made a comment

are you kidding me?! if I had to deal with your family I would want to get out of there too! Your horrible and overcritical. You said you've been to XXXX before, well if you don't like it don't go back! (uh, I said that we eat there often because we've never had a bad experience... listen much?) Nobody wants customers like you. Maybe you didn't get an extra beer because the server realized your with your kids, do you need to get drunk at 4 in the afternoon?? (hmm two beers at 4pm, will that get me a 28 day vacation in rehab? ...because if so, I might just own it) alcoholism. by the way did you ask the management if its okay for you to video tape and post this?? (nope ... didn't realize it was going to be a disaster worth posting)


x has made a comment

I think this is awesome! (aww thanks!) I'm sorry to all the negative commentors out there but damn. When you order food, you should damn well get it the way you want it! I worked in restaurants for over 15 years and I don't see a thing wrong with this video. Before giving the bill, you ask if there is anything else the customer wants, obviously the family wasn't finished. If the server can't do the job that they're paid to do, then they should be looking for work in another industry. Bad Economy of Not!


There ya have it folks!! My stats have sucked this summer and I could really use the excitement so go ahead and let me have it. I will have you know I've lost 5 lbs so my ass is a little more defensible now....

OOOh and while you are here, I'm giving away a Lands' End Eco-Friendly Backpack this week - go enter HERE


comments

21 Responses to "I'm a Blogger/Vlogger Damnit and I have FINALLY Arrived!!!"
  1. Anonymous said...
    August 10, 2009 at 10:23 AM

    You go Fiona!!!!!! I love the commentary and don't let the trolls get to you!

  2. Real Life Sarah said...
    August 10, 2009 at 10:33 AM

    Let me open up a "can" on them! LOL! Oh, man, I wish I could see that video! Are people really this ignorant and mean?

  3. Jennifer said...
    August 10, 2009 at 10:34 AM

    Ok seriously THIS is the Fiona I love! So glad the trolls came by to bring us some action!

    To the Trolls: Oh go F:/ off!! Yeah we are geeky like that!

  4. Sandra Winn said...
    August 10, 2009 at 10:52 AM

    Ugh, I've never seen more disrespectful comments in my entire life than I have from those who comment on You Tube, Yahoo!, Digg, Stumbleupon, and other social sites like them. One guy did a video showing a six-year old, African American boy who boxes, climbs mountain, can do umpteen push-ups and pull-ups, etc. Do you know what someone wrote? "Yeah, so what. Big deal, what a little (THE "N" word).

    Good job Fiona, I hate trolls too.

    Hugs ~ Sandy

  5. Margo said...
    August 10, 2009 at 11:22 AM

    let that inner wild child rip, Fiona! Are there still insane asylums that would have us? Now that could be fun to vlog about! Real charmers out there in the anonymous world...and how about those "ridiculous COSTUMERS ...in the serving industry"? They're nuts!

  6. Opus #6 said...
    August 10, 2009 at 11:25 AM

    Whoa, girl, this is an eye-opener. I'm awake now! :-D

  7. Jennifer said...
    August 10, 2009 at 11:33 AM

    Holy moley! WTH!? Those are some SERIOUS comments! LOL! You're right. Your blog would have 'blown up' if you kept that bad boy up on YouTube. *sigh* ;-)

  8. Ute said...
    August 10, 2009 at 12:34 PM

    Hmmm... the world seems to be full of angry, sad, frustrated, not very intelligent people, who have just been waiting for the internet, so they can anonymously trample around on others, forgetting any kind of manners their mommies told them when they were little.

    As for your last post with the quote... I didn't feel offended at all. Just didn't agree with the quote is all. ;)

  9. Anonymous said...
    August 10, 2009 at 12:45 PM

    Ok I stopped reading after the "C" word. You have a right to your opinion and I guess in all actuality commenters have the rights to their comments. But these were just mean. I think I saw that video a while ago. Keep the vlogging going. I love watching them and if it hadn't been for the chick chat vlogging, I wouldn't have met you. So see, good does come out of vloggging.

  10. Heather said...
    August 10, 2009 at 1:12 PM

    Oh man, Fiona! That was hilarious!! :-) Love your comments. And, seriously, don't you just love when the scum of society (who can't even make complete sentences) come out to play! YAY! :-) Entertainment for us lifeless moms. ha.

  11. Anonymous said...
    August 10, 2009 at 1:55 PM

    I missed the video not available it says .. but man oh man look at those comments ... I bet they wouldn't say half those things to your face and well if you could keep that video up you would get MAJOR traffic to your blog gal!! LOL

    Love your honesty and you are a very funny gal!!

  12. Jen said...
    August 10, 2009 at 4:53 PM

    Wow, I can't believe how mean those people were to you. You didn't deserve that at all. Its not like you were dising the server right to his/her face. It was just you talking. And come on we all bitch about service in a restaurant. I bet those nasty ppl have done it too.

    I thought the video was cute and so was your daughter, I loved how she dressed herself.

  13. Stacy Uncorked said...
    August 10, 2009 at 6:44 PM

    The video was there...and then it wasn't. But MAN those comments are something else! You have arrived... ;)

  14. Stacy Uncorked said...
    August 10, 2009 at 7:26 PM

    WooHoo! The video's back... :)

    That caused all the ruckus? That?!! I've said it before and I'll say it again... You ROCK Fiona! :) I'm sorry all those meanies had to rain on your parade...

  15. Theresa said...
    August 10, 2009 at 7:58 PM

    You rock!!! Love this and you were so right on! My biggest pet peeve in life is bad customer service.

  16. Shady Lady said...
    August 10, 2009 at 9:41 PM

    OMG! I will never understand people reacting like this. Name calling? Seriously? How pathetic they are! I saw the video when you originally posted it. I saw nothing wrong with it in the least. I would also like to say that that last word I would use to describe you is fat. You are very far from that...very. Please ignore them, Fiona.

    And about the quote yesterday, I wasn't offended either. I disagree with it and find it really sad that parents are so anxious to be away from their kids.

  17. Therese said...
    August 11, 2009 at 8:10 AM

    Wow, people really have no life. I am sure they all walked away from the computer feeling like they accomplished something. I am willing to bet everyone one of them has complained while dining out before and has told other people about it.

  18. Anonymous said...
    August 11, 2009 at 9:03 AM

    Yup, these comments are the reason I don't really want to post them on Youtube.

  19. Anonymous said...
    August 11, 2009 at 12:49 PM

    Just read your last two blog entries. I think you have managed, singlehandedly, to find all the folks that are lacking a sense of humor. Good job!!

    Dixie

  20. Unknown said...
    August 11, 2009 at 10:30 PM

    Oh my god! People really need to get a life. I realize that I only saw the edited version, but there was nothing unreasonable in that video. I expect to get what I order the way I order it, I expect drink refills to be offered and provided. I expect the wait staff to check up on me and ask how things are. Maybe I'm an unreasonable bitch too. ;)

    Love your blog.

  21. Ace said...
    August 12, 2009 at 3:18 PM

    I remember seeing that the first time. I can't believe people commented such nasty things! We, as the consumers, are paying their paycheck. If you don't care about your paycheck, serve me crappy. If I go to a specific restaurant and order something specific, it needs to be in front of me exactly the way I ordered it. The first time!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates