Sunday, July 5, 2009

Quotable Sunday ~ Marriage


Tomorrow marks our 13th wedding anniversary! It seems like just ... 13 years ago that we were married! Growing up you always wonder what it will be like to be married and while it isn't all white picket fences and roses, my life is quite wonderful with this man who has given me so much. Stay tuned for tomorrow's post - I'll be showing you all the silly photos from the past 17 years or so from when we first met each other!

My quotes today are about marriage....

"A happy marriage has in it all the pleasures of friendships, all the enjoyment of sense and reason - and indeed all the sweets of life. - Joseph Addison

"I am a good friend to my husband. I have tried to make my marriage vows mean what they say. I show up. I listen. I try to laugh." - Anna Quindlen, A Short Guide to a Happy Life

"I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." - Rita Rudne

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, and always with the same person." - Mignon McLaughlin

comments

11 Responses to "Quotable Sunday ~ Marriage"
  1. MediMonsters said...
    July 5, 2009 at 9:57 AM

    Great quotes! Love them all!

    Have a great week.

  2. Unknown said...
    July 5, 2009 at 9:58 AM

    Happy Anniversary -- It will be 15 years for us in Sept. Love the quotes my fav. "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, and always with the same person." Thanks for sharing!

  3. Becca said...
    July 5, 2009 at 11:02 AM

    Happy Anniversary!!!! I love that we found almost all different quotes about marriage.

  4. Anonymous said...
    July 5, 2009 at 11:39 AM

    I love the last 2 quotes. Whenever I annoy my husband and I know it I make sure to tell him "That's what you married her for man! Ya love me!" and whenever he annoys me he says "You can't get mad at me, it was in the marriage contract..." The last one about falling in love many times over is really the key to our marriage. Arguments are normal because no one is perfect, but it's the coming back from them and reconnecting after it has blown over or FORCING it to blow over and getting perspective that really keeps us going together through the days. We just celebrated 5 years this past Tues. These quotes are getting prime spots on the fridge now. Thanks!

    My best, Lynn

  5. Unknown said...
    July 5, 2009 at 11:43 AM

    Happy Anniversary! I love "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, and always with the same person." Something hubby and I have been able to do so far!

  6. Hit 40 said...
    July 5, 2009 at 2:19 PM

    Rita was right!!! I love to annoy my husband.

  7. Unknown said...
    July 5, 2009 at 2:28 PM

    Next month will be our 9th whoa... But yes the key is "to find that special someone you don't try to control, but rather makes you lose control everytime you lock eyes." ~ My Thought ♥


    ♥Happy Anniversary♥

  8. Therese said...
    July 5, 2009 at 3:50 PM

    These last two sum up the quotes for both me and my husband. I swear he married me just so he could annoy me constantly, I mean he really enjoys it and the second one is completely true, sometimes things get dull, marriage is not a walk in the park, but it is important that you do things that will spark that passion again.

    Congrats on your Anniversary!
    "I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." - Rita Rudne


    "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, and always with the same person." - Mignon McLaughlin

  9. septembermom said...
    July 5, 2009 at 4:18 PM

    Congrats on your anniversary! Wonderful quotes. I like Rita Rudne's. It cracked me up.

  10. Heatherlyn said...
    July 5, 2009 at 5:37 PM

    Beautiful quotes! Congratulations on 13 years!

  11. Anonymous said...
    July 6, 2009 at 4:33 AM

    love the quotes! happy anniversary

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates