Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Random Tuesday ~ Mad Woman Edition


It's Tuesday and I'm feeling random so I'm going to go with it....

I've been working like a mad woman lately. I'm a "Stay at Home Mom" and if that is a full time job I'm working two right now! Last week was insane trying to do it all while launching MomActive.com and the radio (which you can all listen to FRI 2pm EST) click HERE to see the Blog Talk Radio Momactive page.

One of the reasons I'm able to get so much work in isn't just because my clients keep telling others how fantabulous and brilliant I am. My hubs has been home and is playing Mr. Mom/Housewife and he is much better at it than I am.

I'm heartbroken though .... my kids like that I am not around so much. Dad is much more fun and has less rules. I'm a naggy old biatch that rides them about everything.

It's summer and we've only been to the pool twice. Doesn't that seem weird?

We are going camping in Estes Park this weekend. We haven't been camping in about 10 years since "pre-baby" times. I totally look like the outdoorsy type don't I? UH this could be interesting and I'm pretty sure there is no wireless connection so I might go insane....

I'm going to San Francisco next week with just hubs! My kids are staying with my Dad ... I hope he survives and loves it so much he decides to keep them again. My brother in-law lives in SF so we'll be staying with him. DH has business the whole time we are there so I'll be wandering the streets on my own having fun just being. I do have a client meeting while I'm there, but other than that I'll be exploring peacefully.

Sleep is a beautiful thing. Catching up on sleep has made me realize that. I was brain dead towards the end of last week. Now I'm just partially insane and it's all good....


comments

14 Responses to "Random Tuesday ~ Mad Woman Edition"
  1. zelzee said...
    June 23, 2009 at 9:17 AM

    Have fun camping.....and enjoy SF!! Can't wait to see some pictures.

    Only twice in the pool? Lucky you!! We have barely even had one nice day so far this month!!!

  2. Randi Troxell said...
    June 23, 2009 at 10:53 AM

    very random.... and yes, have lots of fun camping!

  3. septembermom said...
    June 23, 2009 at 1:31 PM

    Have fun on your trip! I enjoyed your randomness today! Sleep is such a wonderful thing. Hope you get plenty.

  4. 3 Bay B Chicks said...
    June 23, 2009 at 3:02 PM

    I think it was fate that I visited your blog today, Fiona. You're coming to SF? How fun! If you have a moment for coffee, let me know. It would be great fun to meet up with you.

    Oh, and I adore the new look of your blog. Really like seeing the picture of YOU in the header, rather than the avatar. You're much nicer to look at! :)

    -Francesca

  5. Unknown said...
    June 23, 2009 at 3:04 PM

    You will have fun camping. Enjoy the time with your kids. You may even enjoy not having WiFi for a few days! I know, shocking, but you might. ;)

  6. Coffee with Cathy said...
    June 23, 2009 at 3:06 PM

    I haven't been to Estes Park for years but I remember how gorgeous it was -- it smelled so different to my Southern-raised nose. Lucky you! Hope you have a super time.

  7. AiringMyLaundry said...
    June 23, 2009 at 3:18 PM

    Have fun camping! Make some S'mores :)

  8. Lynn @ human, being said...
    June 23, 2009 at 3:28 PM

    Camping?

    SF and room service sounds so much better to me.

    I think SAHM should be WAHM. When aren't you working?

  9. Heatherlyn said...
    June 23, 2009 at 3:47 PM

    I hope you like camping! My honey and I can only take it for 3 nights max (or we hope we can, because that's how many night's we'll be attempting this year ... in a cabin). Our kids love it, but it is tiring for us! It'll be fun to get away with your hubby! Those little getaways are very rejuvinating!

  10. Sultan said...
    June 23, 2009 at 5:07 PM

    San Francisco sounds nice!

  11. Muthering Heights said...
    June 23, 2009 at 6:04 PM

    Oh no! Well, don't feel bad....pretty soon, Dad will be the nag, and YOU will be the cool one!!

  12. Aliceson said...
    June 23, 2009 at 7:05 PM

    Sounds like you have a fun week in store for you. I would love to roam around SF for a few days kid free. ;) I hope Grandpa survives!!!

  13. Jennifer said...
    June 23, 2009 at 8:46 PM

    Oh, I do hope you enjoy your getaway to SF... and that your dad INSISTS the kids stay with him anytime you need them to! ;-)

  14. ExtraordinaryMommy said...
    June 23, 2009 at 11:18 PM

    I COMPLETELY understand your chaos - and LOVE that you are doing and managing so much.

    Also love that you have two fun trips planned. I will live vicariously through you!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates