Monday, June 22, 2009

Meeting In Real Life


I have never been to a tweet-up or a meet-up but yesterday I went to the Boulder Blogher meet-up and met some really fantastic ladies. While I had known many of them through their blogs, I had never actually talked to them in person and it was a treat getting to know them in real life!

I walked into The Cup Boulder and instantly Lori (@bestlight) from Weebles Wobblog looked right at me and said "Bantering Blonde!". She was standing with Amber (@crazycanukblog) from Crazy Bloggin Canuck and @casualperfectionist from The Casual Perfectionist I knew them the instant I saw them. That was soooo cool!



So if you look at the picture above you can see that it was definitely fun. All I can focus on is WTF was I thinking when I got dressed yesterday? I had a cute sweater on because it was cool outside but I took it off when it got hot in the room. Lordy, there are those pesky pounds that crept up on me this winter. You'll be seeing less of me at Blogher though because I'm gettin' "Conference Fly" with Christie Crowder, check out what she's doing in this article on the Blog Rollers.

Guess what else? Remember how I had a plane ticket to Chi-town and a hotel room with Jennifer from Savor The Thyme , but since the conference was sold out I'd been begging all over the place for a ticket, watching girls get off the wait list and sadly wishing it were me? WELL...... The girls let me in on a tweet they got from @imaginarybinkie and it turns out she wasn't able to get to Blogher this year after all. I instantly went nuts trying to get dibs on this ticket! Last night she emailed me and I sent her money through paypal and NOW I am officially in on the sessions!

So I have a ticket, and now I need a sponsor. And guess what?

I would like to thank Start Poken for seeing the value in sponsoring me to this event of all events! If you were around last week you saw the buzz we all created for these guys and they were quite pleased. I've begun to consult with them on their social media marketing (what I do in real life) so stay tuned because these guys want to be the place you go to for all of your Poken needs. So much so that they have a HUGE #startpoken campaign coming to you where you can win FREE START POKEN starting this TUESDAY and every TUESDAY until Blogher! Follow the #startpoken hashtag and @startpoken and @teamstartpoken so that you don't miss out!!!



comments

16 Responses to "Meeting In Real Life"
  1. Felicia said...
    June 21, 2009 at 11:38 AM

    That is so awesome! I get to meet my best bloggy friend in just a couple of weeks!

  2. zelzee said...
    June 22, 2009 at 5:44 AM

    I would love to meet the bloggers I follow.

    It seems like I know them already! What fun it would be.

  3. Stacy Uncorked said...
    June 22, 2009 at 7:19 AM

    How cool that you got to meet some fellow bloggers? I would love to be able to do that some day... And oh how I wish I were going to Blogher! *sigh!* Maybe next year... :)

  4. Cheryl said...
    June 22, 2009 at 12:14 PM

    YAY! I'm so happy you got a ticket! Looks like you had a blast at your meetup. I think I am meeting MamaRucci aka:Rachel on Sunday. Fun!

  5. Randi Troxell said...
    June 22, 2009 at 1:14 PM

    im so jealous... i bet it was a blast! and honey... you look just fine and lovely in that pic!

  6. Lori Lavender Luz said...
    June 22, 2009 at 5:39 PM

    I was so excited to meet you and it even exceeded my expectations.

    And, other readers, I can tell you that Fiona is beautiful through and through.

    I'm still jealous that you get to go and I don't.

    The Poken thingies looked really fund and useful!

  7. septembermom said...
    June 22, 2009 at 5:50 PM

    I would love to meet some blogging friends. It must be so much fun!!

  8. Brenda said...
    June 22, 2009 at 5:52 PM

    I love meeting other blogging friends. One day I'll maker it to a blogher conference. . .

    Looks like you all had a great time!

  9. Unknown said...
    June 22, 2009 at 9:08 PM

    Yea you!! See how things work out. Totally awesome, I can't wait to hear your tweets on whats going on over there!! And you must tweet us ok, since this is my first year blogging I have no idea what blogher is! I would just think its cool to see all you bloggy buddies and hang out.

  10. AiringMyLaundry said...
    June 22, 2009 at 9:58 PM

    That sounds like fun.

    And I'm SO glad you got a ticket. Woohoo!

  11. Shady Lady said...
    June 22, 2009 at 10:12 PM

    Meeting bloggy friends AND a ticket. Way cool!

  12. Jennifer said...
    June 22, 2009 at 11:24 PM

    Get out! Congratulations on Blogher and getting sponsored! This is awesome, awesome, awesome news! :-)

    And Fiona, you are absolutely adorable! I loooove your hair!

  13. Aliceson said...
    June 23, 2009 at 4:12 AM

    How fun does that meet-up look?! Blogher sounds like it will be a fun time too, maybe next year...

  14. Unknown said...
    June 23, 2009 at 6:47 AM

    Hurray for meeting you! I'm so glad it worked out for both of us. I'm officially taking Sarah's room.

  15. Childhood said...
    June 25, 2009 at 7:42 AM

    I'm super excited for your sponsorship! I can't wait to get my Poken in the mail! I so want to "hi-five" our Pokens at BlogHer! And if it's not meant to be at BlogHer... then at SITScation! But both would be great... and our Pokens can have twice the fun!

    Congrats! Yay!

  16. Gym Crocs said...
    June 26, 2009 at 2:01 PM

    I really love your blog, it is so uplifting, in fact its not your blog it is you. you are so today, and inspiring, wow your video is great.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates