Sunday, June 14, 2009

Not Me Monday ~ The Not Good Genes Edition


I did not have a spectacular outing with friends last night. I don't have season theater tickets with a group of girlfriends from college. They totally are not my best friends and were not my sorority sisters. We haven't had these theater tickets for over 10 years now(gasp).


This picture was not taken on my way downtown last night after an afternoon of tornado warnings.


This is not a picture of me being carded! NO WAY, NOW HOW, DID NOT HAPPEN! I was not smiling from ear to ear because the waiter was in no way seriously thinking that I might possibly be underaged. I mean because I so don't have a body that has born and nursed three children, the oldest of which will not be nine next week! Clearly, something was not working for me and I do NOT have good genes (thanks mom!).

The show we saw was not Rent and I wasn't at all excited that the two main characters were also two of the original Broadway cast. I haven't seen the show too many times to count and for some reason, this time I was not giggling because the thought did not occur to me that Dr. Suess could have written the lyrics to this show. Seriously, if you think about it this is not one rhyme riddle production. And I did not feel old when I realized that the reason I had this thought was because when I first saw this show I wasn't (or was if you are totally a strict Not Me Mondayer) reading One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish fifty-seven hundred times a day because it is the only thing my daughter wants to read.

Nope, I wasn't at all feeling old, because........

I totally did not get carded!!!


Head on over to My Charming Kids for some more Not Me Monday fun...


comments

15 Responses to "Not Me Monday ~ The Not Good Genes Edition"
  1. Stesha said...
    June 15, 2009 at 5:30 AM

    Don't you love it when you're carded? It reminds me of that rainbow in the sky!

    I love Rent!

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

  2. Randi Troxell said...
    June 15, 2009 at 7:45 AM

    love that firt pic... and i am SO glad you got carded, lol!!

  3. theothermother said...
    June 15, 2009 at 7:51 AM

    LOL That was good! Love the pics!

  4. Lizz said...
    June 15, 2009 at 8:00 AM

    LOL! Feels good huh? I got carded last year at a restaurant. Hub said "Do you need to see mine too?" She gave mine a quick once over and said, "No thanks, that's ok."

    Best moment ever. ROFL!

    Bask in your youthful glow, my friend!

  5. Paging Doctor Mommy said...
    June 15, 2009 at 8:03 AM

    There is nothing like a great night with old friends... especially when you get carded!

  6. zelzee said...
    June 15, 2009 at 8:17 AM

    Love that you had a great weekend! Aren't friends the best!

    And yes, you should get carded because you look 18!!!

  7. Anonymous said...
    June 15, 2009 at 8:57 AM

    Come on over and get your award

  8. Therese said...
    June 15, 2009 at 11:35 AM

    I love your blog, gives me a chuckle for the day.

  9. Unknown said...
    June 15, 2009 at 12:38 PM

    So it was you that caused the delay in the Rockies game! {*grin*}

    The last time I was carded, my hair and beard was already gray. I suspect a blind and drunken ID validation person.

  10. Ute said...
    June 15, 2009 at 1:27 PM

    I got carded yesterday as well. Nobody got excited but me. But then nobody else got carded. Neener neener neener!!!

  11. AiringMyLaundry said...
    June 15, 2009 at 1:31 PM

    Pretty rainbow. We're having nutty weather at the moment. I hear thunder rumbling in the distance.

    Yay for being carded!

  12. Jenni said...
    June 15, 2009 at 1:35 PM

    Hooray for getting carded, rainbows, and RENT!

  13. Jennifer said...
    June 15, 2009 at 2:36 PM

    LOL! I did NOT enjoy this post! ;-)

  14. Kelly said...
    June 15, 2009 at 10:35 PM

    Congrats on being carded. I'm a waitress part-time, do you think I should start carding women to make their day?

    What a great idea with the season theater tickets. It's so easy to lose touch with people but that would "force" you to get together regularly

  15. Heatherlyn said...
    June 18, 2009 at 4:44 PM

    I love the rainbow picture!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates