Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Car Is Jinxed



Do you ever just wonder if your car is jinxed?

I could cry.  I finally got my big gas guzzling mommy bus, Toyota Sequoia, back up and running when hubby replaced the battery this weekend.  (You can read about this heart warming, yet dangerously fiery and a tiny bit funny, story here.)

Today... I don't know what to say.  This car is jinxed.  

 I've never had a car that got itself into more trouble than this car.

Not only does it beg my children to abuse it's interior by spewing snack trash and crumbs throughout, it has made no fewer than ALL three of The Blondies blow chunks at one time or another throughout it's three year tenure with our family.  The lingering stench is worse than my Dad's feet on a hot day.

I'm infuriated that this darn car compels the children to leave the doors open all night long, rendering the battery useless so that I have to light it on fire when I try to jump it.  

This possessed piece of transportation attracts every pebble on the highway.  Since driving it off the lot, I have yet to drive it for more than five days without a ding or crack in the windshield.  The last time I had the windshield replaced because of the crack that had spread straight across the whole window, it lasted three days before a nice little rock decided to plant it's ass in the glass right in front of me, thus deflowering my gloriously clear and unblemished view of the world.  Two days later, we had a twin chip five inches from the first.  PISSER!

Anyway, wanna know what happened today?  

As I headed out to pick up my daughter from school, I was suddenly in a trance and found myself driving down the street past University housing.  I normally turn up a side street in order to avoid the narrow passage where the cars are parked along both sides of the street, making it impossible for two cars in opposite directions to pass one another.

Do you know what my jinxed POS car did?  

As I slowed and cautiously passed some very unfortunate looking college boys in a red hoopedy, my passenger side mirror decided to high five one of the parked cars and as it dinged the other mirror it collapsed forward and spat out it's glass piece.  Like a spring it has sprung and there it dangles, mocking me as I drive down the street.  PISSER.

Damn jinxed car.   

comments

20 Responses to "My Car Is Jinxed"
  1. Missy said...
    April 23, 2009 at 3:40 AM

    OMG, I have a car like that. The first car I ever bought from a dealer. It has a serious grudge against my husband. He beat this poor little 4 cylinder into the ground. And the car is not happy about it. The cars favorite activities are to eat every nail on the road via it's tires, and wave down police officers saying "Pull this idiot over"

  2. Margo said...
    April 23, 2009 at 5:37 AM

    If you get a new car, I can almost promise things like this will never happen again :)

  3. Anjanette Young said...
    April 23, 2009 at 6:05 AM

    Ugh, sorry. I believe it! Stuff like that always seems to happen to me, well with my previous cars.

    Or my hubby could be driving it for the longest time and nothing. I sit in the car all the gremlins wanna come out!

  4. Veronica Lee said...
    April 23, 2009 at 6:14 AM

    I don't drive!! I don't even have a driving license.

  5. Kathy B! said...
    April 23, 2009 at 6:41 AM

    Cars really do have personalities and yours seems to have a chronic case of PMS!

  6. rachel... said...
    April 23, 2009 at 7:49 AM

    I hate to laugh, but it's funny.

    I had a car like that, too. I once got 3 flat tires in the same week.

  7. zelzee said...
    April 23, 2009 at 8:22 AM

    Duct tape.

    It's not unusual to see my car sporting some duct tape (it comes in cute colors now)holding something together!

  8. Alice Audrey said...
    April 23, 2009 at 1:40 PM

    Tsk. You should trade it in on a VW.

  9. Ute said...
    April 23, 2009 at 4:15 PM

    LOL... Nice car. ;)

  10. The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...
    April 23, 2009 at 4:23 PM

    The car gods are mad at you, what did you do to get them so upset???

    Bummer.. sorry!

    Jan :)

  11. Ann Imig said...
    April 23, 2009 at 5:35 PM

    Yup, sounds like "Christine" all right.

    Watch the hell out for that one!

    ;)

  12. bookieboo said...
    April 23, 2009 at 8:52 PM

    My last car was like that. I got into 6 car accidents within 2 years. Not one of the accidents was my fault...everytime I was hit from behind. We got rid of it when Bookie turned one year old or so. That was a Honda Civic...the first car I bought with my own money after college. It either had a giant magnet in the back or was possessed by the devil.

  13. Jennifer said...
    April 23, 2009 at 11:15 PM

    AGH! Uh-oh, did your car have to leave a note?!

  14. Pattie said...
    April 25, 2009 at 9:03 AM

    lol wow that is seriously crazy

  15. Anonymous said...
    April 25, 2009 at 2:16 PM

    Sorry about your car

    Oh by the way I am glad I stumbled across your blog.

    I wanted to invite you to a message board for moms.
    http://www.chatterscene.com

  16. Unknown said...
    April 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM

    He He! I just love your posts! Sorry your car is jinxed, we have one like that too, but Hubby is saddled with it, the money sucker (the car not the hubby).

  17. Unknown said...
    April 25, 2009 at 8:38 PM

    Oh. My. Gosh. I know I shouldn't chuckle but I don't think your car is jinxed, it's possessed. Crazy!

  18. Stacy Uncorked said...
    April 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM

    You poor thing...I had a car like that once...I was never so happy to get rid of that bucket of bolts when I finally was able. :)

  19. Anonymous said...
    April 27, 2009 at 5:26 AM

    OMGoodness!
    I hate to hear about all your vehicle troubles. It might be jinxed, but just think of all the great memories..LOL haha!

    Thanks for the birthday wishes for Tristan. I posted some pictures on his blog, http://palmersf.blogspot.com

  20. Chef E said...
    April 30, 2009 at 2:54 AM

    I was having such a hard time reading your post, after that photo...oh my goodness, and lots of laughing...

    I hate care problems...

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates