Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cocktails with The Bartending Blonde


This afternoon I joined in the chat room on blogtalkradio  Dishing with The Diva Squad: MANswers with Charles Orlando.

Charles Orlando has written a book called The Problem with Women is Men - The Evolution of a Man's Man to a Man of Higher Consciousness.  He's a reformed womanizer, happily married with children.

This is not a review of the book.  I haven't read the book, but I'm totally getting it for my single friend who really needs to get a clue.  

Charles is thoroughly charming and, although I may have offended him by saying metrosexual was not a negative term, I definitely learned a LOT about LOTS of things.  Oh, and I also got to meet some really funny ladies and had a ton of fun with a few bloggers I follow regularly, Mrs. Cooper, KeepitClassyJen, and Totally Toni... they are sorta naughty!  

Anyway, if you want to learn what I learned you'll have to check it out here, because this is a G-36 rated blog and I'm not talking about BJ's when I know my Mom, and worse, my Daddy, are reading.  OMG worse yet, my mother-in-law reads this!

In any case, at some point in the chat the Divas apparently thought I was the Bartending Blonde.... which I'm soooo okay with!  In fact, I thought I'd own this new persona and treat ya'll to The Blonde's Seasonal Signature Drink List.

Funny enough, this turned into a very long post.  And you know me, less is more.  So, since there is a bit of snow on the ground right now we'll save Spring for next week and I'll treat you to my Signature Blonde Winter Cocktail today.

Sex on the Beach with a Blonde in Winter  (A.K.A The Charles Orlando Smoothie)

0.5 tsp. Coconut Cream
3.0 oz. Cranberry juice
0.75 oz. Peach Schnapps
3.0 oz. Pineapple Juice
0.75 oz. Vodka  (The Blonde prefers Chopin)

Combine above ingredients in a blender with ice until smooth. Pour into glass.  Apply lip gloss and sip slowly, nobody likes a messy drunk blonde.  Just be sure to keep your Wing-Blonde in eyesight at all times because I've never actually had sex on the beach in the winter, but I'm pretty sure there are some blonde parts that wouldn't be lovin' it all that much.


One more thing, and don't laugh...  I've been tweeting on Twitter!  I met a woman who loves Charles and his book.  She says she wishes she'd read it before husband 1,2, and 3!!  Anyway she says that two of Charles' books are being given away on April 9th at Twitter By The Sea,  a themed cruise for bloggers, WAHM’s, social media and network marketers.  Just lookin' out for my bantering souls... if ya need a little cruise excuse take a peak, I heard something about daycare... just sayin'! 

comments

9 Responses to "Cocktails with The Bartending Blonde"
  1. Carebear said...
    March 28, 2009 at 10:18 PM

    LOL at the Bartending Blonde! And thanks for the drink recipe - sounds delicious! Can't wait for this stupid snow to melt so we can get your Spring recipe! Now I'm off to check out your morning chat with those other fine blogging ladies. Sounds like fun!

  2. Zoe said...
    March 29, 2009 at 4:45 AM

    i'm so getting this book for my friend. i love the show manswers. i have sense of humor of a teenage boy.

  3. Shady Lady said...
    March 29, 2009 at 5:11 AM

    Ooh, that drink sounds yummy! I can't wait for the Spring drink. Sending you warm thoughts...

  4. Aliceson said...
    March 29, 2009 at 5:56 AM

    Yummy drink!

    Thanks for the new blog suggestions! I too have to sensor myself a little, my mom and brothers read my blog. After all of the hairy leg posts, I received a few emails from my grossed out brothers. They'll get over it.

  5. Banteringblonde said...
    March 29, 2009 at 9:38 AM

    Zoe... you would have had fun in there then, it was getting pretty silly!
    Aliceson, I think they read it daily for awhile but now I pick and choose the posts I think they should read! lol

  6. Jerri Ann said...
    March 29, 2009 at 10:10 AM

    Thanks for the linky love! Ya'll should all consider our #twittercruise party on April 9th as well as the cruise itself where you can find info at www.twitterbythesea.com

    Wohooo it's gonna be a blast.

  7. Charles Orlando said...
    March 29, 2009 at 1:55 PM

    Well, hello Bartending Blonde! LOL It was GREAT to connect with you last night on The Chatterbox... and thanks for listening, and for your support! (And, for naming a drink after me!!)

    And, not offended my "Metrosexual" in the least... lol... just against the sexually-charged "title" just because I love my wife, kids and self... and take pride in me (and my appearance... and my Marc Jacobs slip-ons... heh-heh)

    Catch you soon! No bartending and driving, now!

  8. Unknown said...
    April 2, 2009 at 6:19 AM

    LOL! Thank you so much for listening to my show! You were a hoot in the chat room and I LOVE this post! I hope you will come back to The ChatterBox soon!

  9. Unknown said...
    April 2, 2009 at 6:21 AM

    Oh and just to clarify...my eyes are really bad and I was trying to read fast so I saw BARTENDING and not BANTERING...really I think it was just because I needed a drink...a few in fact! You are hilarious! Stay in touch!!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates