Saturday, March 28, 2009

Building Bloggy Friendships One Bloggy Friend at a Time



When I started blogging in January I had no idea how much fun it would be. I also didn't expect to "meet" so many other talented and creative bloggers. I just thought I'd write my schtick, make my hubby laugh and tell me how clever I was.  It has become so much more than that, and I'm so glad I took the plunge and started bantering!

I was recently recognized by The Chickenista with a really cool "Friend" award. Bloggy awards don't just pat a blogger on the back, they help to build a unique community of friendship and support in the blogosphere. I'm just amazed and flattered to be part of it all.

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

In passing this on, I'd like to recognize a few new "friends" that I have stumbled on more recently and hope that you'll visit them soon...



comments

12 Responses to "Building Bloggy Friendships One Bloggy Friend at a Time"
  1. Ann Imig said...
    March 28, 2009 at 2:16 PM

    Awwww, Fiona, Thanks! I've enjoyed our bloggy commeraderie as well. You're doing a great job with your blog as evidenced by your large number of followers in such a short time!!!

    See you again soon!
    Ann

  2. Ute said...
    March 28, 2009 at 2:33 PM

    Well, that's just so beautiful. *sigh* I shall go see your friends now. :)

  3. Ute said...
    March 28, 2009 at 2:33 PM

    Oh, and by the way, you so totally deserve this award. :)

  4. Jenn@ The Crazies said...
    March 28, 2009 at 3:12 PM

    Going to check out your friends and you totally deserve this award!

  5. Unknown said...
    March 28, 2009 at 4:48 PM

    Wow, thank you so much! I must confess.....I just love awards!

  6. Sara Elizabeth said...
    March 28, 2009 at 5:14 PM

    Congrats on the award!

  7. Shady Lady said...
    March 28, 2009 at 6:10 PM

    Congratulations! You so totally rock!

  8. LadyStyx said...
    March 28, 2009 at 8:31 PM

    Congrats on the award!!

  9. Kathy B! said...
    March 29, 2009 at 6:47 AM

    Fiona! You are so sweet. I've really enjoyed getting to know you, too. I'm on vacation this week and am struggling to stay afloat so please don't think I'm ignoring your lovely award...

  10. Rebecca Anne said...
    March 29, 2009 at 11:14 AM

    Thank You!!
    I just love unexpected smiles that come along when you never expected it. The best sort.
    Congrats on being given the award as well, well deserved. I certainly know I appreciate when you drop by my little space of internet and make my day with a comment of friendship.
    Rebecca

  11. Miche said...
    March 29, 2009 at 11:50 AM

    Awe, thanks so much!! I am so flattered! I am very happy I have gotten to "meet" you, too! Isn't this blog world so fun? I started blogging just to keep in touch with family, but now I have so many wonderful friends all over the world-quite amazing what a little "bantering" can do!

  12. Unknown said...
    March 29, 2009 at 4:00 PM

    Wow Fiona! My first award, I am so flattered that you thought of me. I had no idea when I joined this blogging world that I would meet as many great friends as I have. I am honored that you consider me as such. I will be happy to pass this on. Thank you!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates