Monday, February 9, 2009

The Lovely Barf Cycle.....


I can't believe I'm blogging about barf again. I'm so tired of barf. Cleaning barf. Hearing barf. Smelling barf. Enough with the barf yet? Be glad I didn't find any suitable barf pictures to post.

With three children, the barfy bug incubation period is perfectly timed so that it plows through the family and, just when you think everyone is back in school and healthy, the primary infector is reinfected. I think our violin teacher must think I'm crazy because for about three weeks now at least one of my children has been sickly. I promise I'm not lying!  This one is truly a doozy!

I feel horrible for my poor babies. Their pale faces are drained and they have barely enough energy to plop down on the couch and moan for "sickie pop". A sickie pop is a Pedialyte freezer pop.  My kids prefer them over drinking the liquid. This frozen pop goes down nice and slow, so if it isn't going to stay down at least the volume of substance isn't too overwhelming.... ugh. 

Speaking of Pedialyte - this is the second time in a week I've mentioned Pedialyte in my blog.  I should be holding a big giveaway!  I'm new to the blog world and working on building my traffic, but I'm such a huge fan of the stuff that I'd be surprised if I don't get a few more plugs in sometime in the next few weeks - hopefully not this week, though.  How does one host a giveaway?  Ah, so much to learn!!

In any case, let's hope the Bryan family can escape the next round in the barf cycle because I'm out of "sickie pops", and ready for a day out of the house!!!

comments

6 Responses to "The Lovely Barf Cycle....."
  1. Heidi said...
    February 9, 2009 at 6:45 PM

    I hear ya! We haven't been barfing but I have been sick three times in the last three weeks. Plus, my Big Guy is a barf-o-rama type of kid. He has the gag reflex of a premature infant and can throw up just thinking about something gross. He's 19 and it is really getting old--and nasty! Email me at write2me@heidiashworth.com and I will fill you in on how to do giveaways.

  2. Banteringblonde said...
    February 9, 2009 at 7:02 PM

    Ha ... My middle guy can barf on cue. They stopped sending him home from preschool once they figure it out. Sensitive gag reflex I guess!

  3. La Mom-an American Mom in Paris said...
    February 9, 2009 at 11:23 PM

    Oh man...this post came at the perfect time as Big Fry barfed in the car yesterday. All over his brand-new carseat. At least it wasn't on the Métro -- I would have been lynched!

    La Mom
    An American Mom in Paris

  4. Jewel Allen said...
    February 10, 2009 at 6:38 AM

    I feel for you. Hope you all get better soon!

    Otter pops save me during illnesses like this.

  5. La Mom-an American Mom in Paris said...
    February 13, 2009 at 3:06 PM

    Hi, nice to meet you!
    You blog about barf, I blog about Parisian dog poop. Nope, it's not glamorous, but it's part of our lives.
    Thank goodness for blogs so we can vent right?

  6. Banteringblonde said...
    February 16, 2009 at 10:43 PM

    Parisian dog poop sounds so much more glamorous!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates