Friday, May 7, 2010

Top 5 Friday ~ The stuff I didn't write about this week




Top 5 Friday is the meme of all memes! How many bloggable moments, thoughts, experiences do you jot down each week? If you are like me, the answer is TONS! Don't let all of that brilliant insight go to waste, join us and list you top 5 (or fewer) unwritten blog posts of the week. 


1.  #BloggyBootCamp in Phoenix was AWESOME-SAUCE!  I love @sitsgirls (Tif) and all of the work she has done to create an experience for social media women in cities all over the country.  This crew attracts a classy bunch and with a rotational seating system I met, connected and networked with  more people in one day than I have met in all the conferences I've been to combined.  Next up?  San Francisco in August .... and I might just hop a plane and become a groupie.

2.  There is a huge difference between following your passion and FOCUSING your passion.  I'm passionate about social media, I'm passionate about teaching and motivating people. Sometimes you have two passions that compliment one another and it's really nice when you go insanely crazy trying to be all things to everyone ... and suddenly one day the skies open up and the sun shines down and you hear "AHHHHHHHHHHH" *cue the heaven sounds*  and the two passions melt into one another in a perfectly obvious "DUH" kind of way.  It happened to me.  I love being active.  Movement in any form - I love running, biking, hiking, snowboarding, yoga and all the good sweaty getcha movin' activities.  I love that I'm a mom that "gets" that my family is only as healthy as I am - and sometimes we are looking a little ragged along the way ....  that journey is what MomActive is all about.  Why not focus my business around working on projects and events that relate to the Active Mom?  That is right peeps, Fiona Bryan, LLC will be filing a DBA .... Active Mom Media, Inc.   ***yay***

3. True conversation:  took place a few weeks ago with my gal @scrappinmichele
M:  So, I just got of the phone with @tedrubin
BB: (that's me): The Elf guy? {make-up snob alert} That dude has magical tweet power, I think I might actually have considered buying a $2 lipstick last week while I was in target. 
M: yes, well no, he's working on something called @openskyproject
BB:  What's that? like some skylight company? 
M: No ... {and here the ADHD kicks in and my mind is all trying to figure out exactly how Ted Rubin is going to pied piper me into installing skylights in my bathroom ... and make no mistake ladies, this guy is smarty pants to the googleplex}
BB: Wait, online stores?  And they'll go hunt down the products I want to sell?  So, like I could actually sell the damn Snow Bunny Too Faced bronzer that people email me about 3 times a week... in my store?  with boobie trapped links in my blog? 

Okay, so this conversation gets stupid and turns total geek because Michele and I have to pick apart everything and figure out the business model and then exactly how the revenue model works and how it impacts our plans for world domination.  It was a long conversation ...

Fast forward to #Bloggybootcamp where Mr. T slams a keynote with tricked out slides and BAM I suddenly see how big this little sky light project actually is.... so go take a gander at TheOpenSkyProject.com and you'll want to subscribe to my feed so you can see when ye little shop o' miracles opens.  I'll hook you up with the Snow Bunny and not only that, I found THE product of the summer for my fit freak running friends that sweat and get the ick chest and back... I'll take care of you, don't you worry.  And if you absolutely have to know what the stuff is before I reveal it, you can call UPS in Phoenix and tell them you are me - $18 will get it shipped to you.  I couldn't get it through security so I thought I'd send it home for a few dollars.  $18?  hmmm - the stuff cost $40 - Blonde economics tells us the timetoship / cost ratio is unacceptable anyway.  I had popped in to Sephora a full two days before the UPS gentleman even called to give me a shipping estimate.  I'm a runnin' fool training for these races, I can't be letting the ick stick. 

Just think of all the girlie, gadgety, cool stuff you can have a direct link to now?  I know, you are excited...

4. Oh balls, I'm only on four. 

5.  THEBLOGFROG - if you aren't on it or you haven't checked in lately, go there now.  They've done unbelievable things with this site.  I've gone back and forth since the start and I happened to pop on two weekends ago and ended up playing around on there for a loooong time.  Saw a boost in traffic instantly....so go there now and join my community!

Ciao....

comments

7 Responses to "Top 5 Friday ~ The stuff I didn't write about this week"
  1. Nicole said...
    May 7, 2010 at 7:32 AM

    Ahhh...I'm glad I'm not the only one who's failed to write about Bloggy Boot Camp. I wrote about my airport fiasco, but still waiting to get a moment with a functioning computer to do the whole she-bang post.

    It was great to meet you. I'll hop on over and join your BlogFrog community.

  2. Chelsea said...
    May 7, 2010 at 11:01 AM

    I LOVE your blog!
    Ok, I've been hearing about this BlogFrog thing... I'm off to check it out!

  3. Ginny Marie said...
    May 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM

    If Bloggy Boot Camp comes to Chicago, I'd sure like to go! It sounds like a great experience!

    I've met a lot of neat people on BlogFrog...it's a neat community spot!

    I almost had a Top 5 post ready today...but didn't quite get it written. Maybe next week I'll get my act into gear!

  4. ScrappinMichele said...
    May 7, 2010 at 7:09 PM

    LMAO! Everyone will not be laughing when we really take over the world with our plans. But the world will be a happy joyful place too!

    So glad you decided to put those skylights in your bathroom finally! You know that is now the secret code for "joining opensky."

    Now, I would do my own Top 5, but you closed your linky already. It is still Friday!! ;D

  5. Jennifer said...
    May 7, 2010 at 7:33 PM

    OpenSkyProject IS awesome and Ted takes care of his peeps!!

  6. Jess said...
    May 8, 2010 at 2:17 PM

    Oh Balls! hahahaha, you are indeed Snarky, woman ;)

  7. Jumpin' Jeff said...
    May 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM

    Happy Mother's Day to you from http://menaredumb.info. Stop by and see what we have for you today. :)

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates