Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Take a Look Around the Bayou, Friends! One Blonde's Review of The Princess and the Frog



Who doesn't love a good fairy tale?  I took Kat to see Disney's The Princess and the Frog today.  I'm not sure which one of us was more excited see the movie, but we both loved it!  The good old fashioned side of me fell in love with the 1920s New Orleans twist on the Brother's Grimm story The Frog Prince.  This is definitely a must buy when it comes out on DVD!  I just purchased the soundtrack on Amazon.com ... a little holiday gift for me Kat.

{Editorial side note:  I have to admit, I had a little crush on Prince Naveen in high school.  Well, not the frog/prince but the actor, Bruno Campos.  Trust me ladies, he's no frog - just google his name. Tee hee}

Back to the film.... I have to say that when we were treated to a sneak peak of the film at the Disney sponsored New Orleans/TPATF (that's The Princess and the Frog for those of you sayin' huh?) luncheon at Blogalicious '09, I could tell from the music, and the fact that Disney seems to go "back to it's roots" with it's first hand-drawn animation in years, that we were going to be in for a treat.  Actually, that is a lie - I hoped we would be in for a treat.  Sometimes the trailer of a movie contains ...well, the movie, the whole movie, or the best parts of the movie.  Not so in this case.  The movie did not disappoint!  I found the story line to be incredibly engaging and the ultimate message very powerful.

The story line proves to be a refreshing balance between fairy tale fun and the underlying message that you have to dig deep to find what it is that you truly want.  Sometimes we work towards a goal with our heads buried so far up our metaphorical patootie that it takes a little black magic and an adventure through the swamp to smack some sense into us.  Take a look around the Bayou .... so to speak.

(OH and let's not forget the message that you can wish upon a star all you want but in the end you'll have to work two jobs day and night, have a rich friend that dresses you up as a princess so that a voodooed frog prince kisses you.... yada yada... and in the end you'll have to pick up a hammer and build your fancy dream so that you can continue to work day and night - but now you get to do it freshly showered, with your hair combed, lipstick on, wearing a fancy dress, happily singing while accompanied on banjo by your broke prince/husband that apparently doesn't have two nickels to rub together .... so really?  What's with the star anyway?)

I love this movie so much that I have inside jokes and lines playing in my head already.  I can't wait for my husband and the boys to see the film so that I can start saying "Dance with me Fat Man" and "It's not slime, it's mucous secretions"..... and can't wait to say "Kissing would be niiiiice, yes?"

This is definitely a Banteringblonde two thumbs up, strawberry flavored Bonnie Belle lip gloss, Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in a cake cone with jimmies on top, rated film! 






comments

14 Responses to "Take a Look Around the Bayou, Friends! One Blonde's Review of The Princess and the Frog"
  1. Laurie said...
    December 15, 2009 at 6:24 PM

    Dying to know if you needed that hankie! ;-)

  2. Carissa said...
    December 15, 2009 at 6:24 PM

    ok that does it I am going by myself to see this :)

  3. Anonymous said...
    December 15, 2009 at 9:23 PM

    I'm so excited!! We're taking Reagan to see this while we're visiting family in NOLA for Christmas! She is finally ready to sit through a full-feature film, so this will be her first. And she is DEFINITELY into princesses! I can't imagine we won't be buying the DVD!

  4. BJ_Mama said...
    December 16, 2009 at 12:51 AM

    Awww...I can't wait to see this! Thanks for the review, sitsta! Now, I'm even more excited!

  5. The Blonde Duck said...
    December 16, 2009 at 3:39 AM

    Fellow blond popping in from SITS to say hi!! I'm so glad you reviewed this--I was curious if it was good or not!

  6. Anjanette aka. MommaYoung said...
    December 16, 2009 at 5:38 AM

    What a great looking show, I can't wait to see it...

  7. Michele McGraw (scrappinmichele) said...
    December 16, 2009 at 6:15 AM

    Well, I wanted to see the movie before, but NOW I REALLY want to see it. I'm a sucker for a good romance and if there's a lesson in there all the better. And a few good songs is just the cherry on top.

  8. Randi Troxell said...
    December 16, 2009 at 7:45 AM

    is it crazy of me to say that i wanna see this.. even though i have no kids... lol.. oh i know! i'll use my niece as a cover up, lol!!!

  9. XmasDolly said...
    December 16, 2009 at 11:11 AM

    Okay, I'm definitely a Disney fan. I love all Disney cartoons. I haven't seen this one as of yet, but you can bet your sweet ___ I'm gonna,. Thanks for the article, now I can't wait. Thanks for stopping at my blog & I have become your latest follower. Would you like to follow me?

  10. Stephanie said...
    December 16, 2009 at 2:01 PM

    Oh I can't wait to take my girls to see this one! Hoping my 10 year old will still do the Princess thing one more time.

  11. Sarah Brown said...
    December 16, 2009 at 2:59 PM

    We saw is yesterday and LOVED it!!!! The music was just wonderful. Thanks for stopping by today!=)

  12. Shady Lady said...
    December 16, 2009 at 7:41 PM

    We wholeheartedly agree! LK, Princess and I went to see it yesterday. Three thumbs up! :)

  13. Krystal Grant said...
    December 17, 2009 at 6:43 PM

    Ok, seriously. You have made me want to go see the movie AGAIN. YOu've gotten me all excited about the movie-as if I didn't see it already and written a not-so-great post about it! This is a fantastic review. And I totally forgot about the "dance with me, fat man" comment. Love it.

  14. Ann Imig said...
    December 18, 2009 at 6:57 PM

    I plan to take my boys to it, but the minute they see a princess I fear mutiny.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates