Thursday, November 12, 2009

Social Media at its Best ~ Virtual Book Club with Author Eileen Goudge is a Huge Success


Last night I participated in a first of its kind event. MomTV, One2One Network and #gno teamed up for the very first virtual book club for a discussion of Eileen Goudge's new book Once in a Blue Moon.  It was a huge success! I hosted a group of eight women from Denver, including Twitter buddies @birdbanter, @chrishandel, @melissius. We feasted on a pumpkin beef stew that didn't taste half bad, if I do say so myself.   I loved the character Ollie in this book and absolutely had to honor his baking skill with a rather large selection of mini sweet baked treats from Whole Foods. We enjoyed conversing with best-selling author, Eileen Goudge, and book clubs from all over the country via live stream video on MomTV. Eileen handled the technical difficulties that we stickam users are used to like a pro! More impressive is how she handled the #gno conversation on Twitter. She answered questions from readers all over the country and we learned more about the writing process and the "history" behind some of our favorite characters.  I'm so grateful to have been a part of this event and hope to participate in many many more in the future!


Check out our Whrrl story from the event!



Powered by Whrrl

comments

7 Responses to "Social Media at its Best ~ Virtual Book Club with Author Eileen Goudge is a Huge Success"
  1. Carissa said...
    November 12, 2009 at 7:58 AM

    Wow sounds like a great time and great food!

  2. Knit Purl Gurl said...
    November 12, 2009 at 7:59 AM

    It sounds like Ollie would've been impressed! And it also sounds like you had a blast! I wish I could've been there! I loved "Once in a Blue Moon!"

  3. Jennifer said...
    November 12, 2009 at 8:00 AM

    Glad you had fun and so glad to see more posting from you!! Bring on the banter!

  4. jyl (Mom It Forward said...
    November 12, 2009 at 8:45 AM

    Loved having you be a part of this!!! Your party looked like so much fun. I loved seeing everyone's pics in Whrrl and seeing everyone live on momTV. Fun, huh? Let's do it again sometime :)!!!

  5. Childhood said...
    November 12, 2009 at 12:00 PM

    It really was an awesome time! I'm drafting my post about it now! My guests thought that Eileen was such a hoot! I'm so blessed to be a part of Mom It Forward!

  6. Nishant said...
    November 19, 2009 at 12:49 PM

    I wish I could've been there!

    Work From Home India

  7. Anonymous said...
    November 29, 2009 at 3:31 PM

    Dear Author www.banteringblonde.com !
    Actually. Tell to me, please - where I can find more information on this question?

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates