Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm Changing my Body in 30 Days with Earth Footwear!




I fell in love with Earth Footwear a few months ago just before the Type-A Mom Conference.  I purchased a pair of the Kalso light shoes because my buddy Leah from Bookieboo swore they were comfy and that I'd burn calories just by wearing them.  I'm an exercise freak but if I can tone and burn calories just by wearing a pair of shoes?   I'm all over it!  I was skeptical though.  I've spent a gazillion dollars on the ugliest MBT shoes you've ever seen, simply because my skinny minnie gal friends wear them.  Honestly, I don't think they did much for me except that I did feel mighty tall in them.


So, you can imagine my surprise when I felt totally SORE after working out with Tracey Mallet and Leah at Type A Mom Conference Earth Footwear booth.  Keep in mind that I'm a strong girl that hits the gym hard consistently.  A fluke, perhaps ... or not?


I was totally excited when Earth Footwear contacted me and asked if I'd like to participate in the "Change your Body in 30 days" program.  Who doesn't want to change their body?


They sent me a pair of the new Exer-Walk shoe that will be released to the public in January.  (They "sent me" means FREE, just in case you are the FTC) It is a nice enough shoe - designed with the patented negative heel technology.  It's a little heavier than the Kalso that I like so much but it's a comfortable enough shoe.  I didn't truly appreciate this shoe until today.... when I weighed in at Weight Watchers.... the week after Halloween.  Halloween is a chocolate infested holiday that holds my sweet-tooth hostage for a good week every year.  This year was no different and I fully expected to weigh in with a gain today.  BUT.... I neither gained nor lost and let me tell you friends, that is a victory!


I've been wearing my Exer-Walks for almost two weeks now and had definitely been noticing my glutes and inner thighs feeling a bit tighter.  I wasn't giving them any credit for calorie burning though because it all seemed a little "black magic" to me.  I'm sold now though, because this weekend we were in the mountains doing our usual activity (we are active, keep in mind) and I wore my Exer-walks most of the weekend.... while shoving Twix, Snickers, and Milkyway chocolate into my trap for three days straight (not that there was any candy in the house earlier in the week ...).  Honestly, I should have gained weight this weekend and I normally would have gained.  When I weighed in today with my jeans and winter gear I still hadn't gained a single pound.  I was exactly the same weight I was last week.  Phew....  so, do I think it is because I burned 4 times more calories, as Earth Footwear claims?  I have no other explanation.  It has to be the shoes.  So, is my body changing two weeks in to a 30 day program?  I have to say yes, despite the chocolate train that threw me off track, I do think that wearing the Exer-Walk every day has made a difference.  I do feel that my legs are toning and for sure, I feel my glutes are tighter.  I'm a runner so I've only actually exer-walked three times in these shoes on the treadmill, but even just wearing them in my daily life has definitely made a difference.






comments

9 Responses to "I'm Changing my Body in 30 Days with Earth Footwear!"
  1. Anonymous said...
    November 3, 2009 at 7:05 PM

    Can you change my body in 30 days too? hehe :)

    Seriously I need to look more into this!

  2. Momma Bear said...
    November 3, 2009 at 9:10 PM

    i've not bought these but I pretty much only wear Earth shoes, love em and their strange heel. Have fun!

  3. AdriansCrazyLife said...
    November 3, 2009 at 9:33 PM

    That's just what I wanted to hear. I definitely need to check these out. I can use all the help I can get with my weight loss.

  4. JennyMac said...
    November 4, 2009 at 5:30 AM

    Great info..thanks for sharing.

  5. septembermom said...
    November 4, 2009 at 6:11 AM

    Thanks for the info. These look cool! Good luck over the next 30 days!

  6. Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...
    November 4, 2009 at 6:13 AM

    Those look awesome and I love your FTC comment LOL...you get on with your fit bad self ;)

  7. bookieboo said...
    November 4, 2009 at 7:20 AM

    I'm glad you liked them! The first week I wore mine, I lost over 3 lbs...and that during a plateau. Just goes to show that ANYONE can do a little to get through the holidays.

  8. Randi Troxell said...
    November 4, 2009 at 9:00 AM

    oooh, these sound pretty cool!

  9. La'Tonya Richardson said...
    November 4, 2009 at 9:20 AM

    I'm a walker and it sounds like a secret weapon. What's the price range?

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates