Monday, November 23, 2009

Creativity at it's best with Mini WEDGiTS Building Blocks ~ Review



I'm a huge fan of toys that inspire creativity.  All three of my kids have a fairly strong love for Legos and all of them loved building different intricate train track layouts with the Thomas the Tank Engine tracks.  As my boys get older, they are now 9 and 6, they build bigger and more impressive Lego creations but they find the plain old building block sets to be a bit boring and "babyish.  I was really excited to discover the smaller sized WEDGiTs for children ages five and up.  We were given the opportunity to try out the Mini WEDGits building blocks Dog Set.  My four year old daughter was the first to explore with the set and had a lovely time making what she calls "Professor Poopy Pants".  Why yes, I'm so proud .... and I'm quite certain that the preschool teachers love our family.... but the process she went through to put this together was quite interesting.  She clearly wanted to be sure she used all of the pieces and she had to play around a bit in order to build what she did.  I was definitely impressed.


The boys loved these.  They had fun building a variety of different things.  It was interesting to see how they experimented with the different pieces...







These blocks kept them busy for a good bit of time.  They created everything from a robot, to a man on fire and the great creation of the day......

~Super Bionic Spider ~

It does not surprise me that WEDGiTS have won a number of Best Toy awards.  They are available in a variety of sizes and I have to confess that I went out and purchased a set of the WEDGiTS To Go for Kat.  The $45 price tag was more than I would normally like to spend on a toy but since this really qualifies as more of a learning tool I felt that the investment was definitely justified.  I liked seeing the kids work with them, and as they all worked independently I could see each of them working through different problems in their minds.  The creativity and confidence building that a toy like this evokes definitely gets it listed in the "feel good" category!


*we were sent The Dog Mini-WEDGiTS for free.  We purchased WEDGiTS To Go
 set on our own.  This post is simply a description of our opinion and experience with the product.  

comments

6 Responses to "Creativity at it's best with Mini WEDGiTS Building Blocks ~ Review"
  1. Scatteredmom said...
    November 23, 2009 at 11:15 PM

    We sell these at the toy store I work at, and I think they are super cool too. Lots of creativity!

  2. Unknown said...
    November 24, 2009 at 4:55 AM

    Those look very cool! I think Chloe and Jake would like them alot. I have never heard of them before. Thanks!

  3. Trish said...
    November 24, 2009 at 5:23 AM

    Looks like they had a great time!

  4. Anonymous said...
    November 24, 2009 at 5:15 PM

    looks like the kids enjoyed these!

    Come enter my giveaway!
    http://palmersf1.blogspot.com/2009/11/18-x-24-poster-print-giveaway-from.html

  5. Randi Troxell said...
    November 24, 2009 at 6:12 PM

    these look awesome.. and very fun too!!

  6. Knit Purl Gurl said...
    November 30, 2009 at 12:52 AM

    WOW - look how creative they are!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates