Saturday, November 28, 2009

100 Calorie Steak? Meat Eaters Rejoice with Chef's Requested Flat iron Grill Boneless Steak





We are meat eaters.  My hubs would probably just eat raw flesh as a staple if he could get away with it. Our joke when someone asks how he likes his meat cooked is to say, "Wound it and drag it in..."  blech. I love steak but I'm more of a medium rare kinda girl.  We often think of steak as a meat high in fat and with greater expense of calories.  This can be the case when you compare to chicken or fish but honestly, sometimes you just need a little meat!

I first learned about Chef's Requested Flat Iron Grill Boneless Steak at Type A Mom Conference.  I was intrigued by the idea of a 100 calorie steak and was happy to test them out.  We were sent a package of steaks and when they arrived my husband acted like it was Christmas.  He fired up the grill and set about cooking them.  We ate them straight up off the grill with baked potato and broccoli.  They were quite good and definitely a decent portion size.  My hubby was over the moon.  We've been following Weight Watchers and he was really thrilled with the serving size and kept asking me if I was sure it was only 100 calories.  The next day I sliced up the leftovers and made a salad with some feta cheese and tomatoes.  Even the next day the steak was quite moist and tasty.  MomActive will be featuring a recipe using the steaks when we launch (... hopefully any day now).

Want to try the 100 calorie Flat Iron Grill boneless steaks?  Chef's Requested is offering a $3 off coupon - visit HERE - to download.  


comments

2 Responses to "100 Calorie Steak? Meat Eaters Rejoice with Chef's Requested Flat iron Grill Boneless Steak"
  1. Trish said...
    November 28, 2009 at 5:27 AM

    Fellow weight watcher here...that is interesting, I ahve not seen them. I think I will be on the look out. We too do not eat much meat MAYBE once a month.
    Thanks for telling us about them.

  2. Mandi said...
    November 29, 2009 at 12:56 PM

    Yum, I will have to add these to our grocery list, a steak sounds awesome!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates