Sunday, September 6, 2009

Quotable Sunday ~ My Mom Does the NY Times Crossword Puzzle in Pen


Quotable Sunday is one of my favorite days of the week. I love thinking about my week and a theme that I can relate to great quotes. I was sitting her watching K play with a puzzle and thought "puzzle"! What a great theme! I found this one right away and it made me think of my Mom because she actually does the New York Times crossword puzzle every day IN PEN! Now, I don't think that makes her an egotist but it sure as heck makes her one freakin' brilliant Mama!


Egotism, n: Doing the New York Times crossword puzzle with a pen.

Ambrose Bierce


Mothers Day Gift Ideas

comments

8 Responses to "Quotable Sunday ~ My Mom Does the NY Times Crossword Puzzle in Pen"
  1. Jennifer said...
    September 6, 2009 at 11:57 AM

    In pen?? Heck I can barely do it in pencil without a little Google help every once and again!

  2. Unknown said...
    September 6, 2009 at 1:12 PM

    Wow! She is much braver than I am!

  3. Stacy Uncorked said...
    September 6, 2009 at 1:37 PM

    Ha! Love the quote! But when I saw your blog title, I thought 'Her mom must be a genius!' :)

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! :)

  4. Jennifer said...
    September 6, 2009 at 2:00 PM

    I like the theme and the quote. I am impressed, in pen? Wow.

    Have a fantastic weekend!

  5. Peggy said...
    September 6, 2009 at 2:06 PM

    I love the quote! My Mother-in-law used to do the New York times puzzel in pen also. She was from New York and she always replied with a no big deal!

  6. Martha said...
    September 6, 2009 at 5:03 PM

    Love the quote. I hate to do crosswords in pencil, especially the newspaper ones, I don't like the feeling of the pencil on the paper.... weird I know!

    My QS

  7. Heatherlyn said...
    September 6, 2009 at 9:22 PM

    Very clever.

    You know, I've never done a real crossword puzzle. And if I did, I'd for sure have to use pencil. :)

    Happy Sunday!

  8. septembermom said...
    September 7, 2009 at 4:04 AM

    That is impressive!!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates