Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Murray Motor Imports Denver ~ You Had Me at Free Valet



You have to love a marketing campaign that is just quirky enough to be brilliant. When a business knows it's customer so well that it hits a home run and I happen to be the victim, I think, "Dang... that's good".

I was having lunch with my hubby at the Cherry Creek Shopping Center in Denver last week and I noticed a sign at the valet station that said, "Complementary Valet for BMW and Mercedes Owners".

Ok, let's not hate on folks who valet at the mall, besides this is a shopping center. There have been plenty of times I've been rushing to meet someone for lunch at one of the restaurants and had to roll up to the valet in order to get there in time. Valet at the mall is entirely legit.

Where was I? Oh, yes the free Valet Sign....

Can you guess where my mind went after reading the sign about complementary valet? I totally need my next car to be a Mercedes. I'd go for the Beamer but it just doesn't feel like me. I'm more of a Mercedes girl. I can valet park my car at the mall any time I want and NOT just when I'm running late for a lunch.

I LOVE IT! This is brilliant. Sponsor valet in a location where wealthy people shop and eat! Sadly, if you are an unfortunate patron that drives a Jag or a Lexus you'll need to pay a fee for valet. Too bad for you. Too bad you don't own a Mercedes or a BMW, but guess what? Murray Motor Imports can fix that for you! Come on out to our dealership and we'd be happy to fix you up with your very own free valet pass getter.... choose from any of the brilliant Mercedes or BMW automobiles on our lot. See? Easy Peasy!

I don't know who does the marketing for Murray Motor Imports in Denver but they are worth whatever they are being paid because, my friends.... you had me at Free Valet.


**Should anyone at Murray Motor Imports read this blog post and desire to contact me in order to test drive a Mercedes for a month or so, please know that I have 3 children and frequently carpool 6 children. Is there even a Mercedes that does that? hmmm off to look....


comments

7 Responses to "Murray Motor Imports Denver ~ You Had Me at Free Valet"
  1. Anonymous said...
    September 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM

    Pretty smart. I have to say, I was at Cherry Creek Mall last week and everyone there looked like they probably did drive a BMW or Mercedes. Meanwhile, I parked my Mercury Marquis all by myself, thank you very much.

  2. Night Owl Mama said...
    September 16, 2009 at 10:27 PM

    SIgn up Night owl mama too and I don't require the valet thingy I can park it myself :) ps. I have 4 kids and on occasion 7 :) need a dvd in mine thanks LOL

    Luv your post too cute.
    THey have Valet at the mall in Las vegas I always USED it :) just so I could look cool picking up my rental

  3. Anonymous said...
    September 17, 2009 at 9:22 AM

    Wow that is one smart marketer! I love this post!

  4. Randi Troxell said...
    September 17, 2009 at 9:22 AM

    oooh... love the way valet sounds!

  5. Amy said...
    September 18, 2009 at 9:19 AM

    Our hospital actually has valet parking from 6am to 4pm. I've never used it -- generally because there are about eight Lincoln Town Cars lined up with elderly folks getting out, and how can I at 25 justify it after that? But hey, I always liked telling people while I was in the hospital after having my son, "Oh sure you can visit, my room is directly above the valet entrance."

  6. Jennifer said...
    September 19, 2009 at 11:37 AM

    Um, yeah, hi? I'll have a BMW and free valet as well. ;-)

  7. Kat @ For the Love of Chaos said...
    September 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM

    I've always been scared of Valet. LOL I'm always fearful that I'll be the one some stranger posing as a Valet will come grab my keys, hand me a bogus ticket, and take off in my vehicle never to return LOL

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates