Sunday, September 13, 2009

GNO Mom It Forward ~ A Day Made Better in Denver


Last Thursday evening I had the pleasure of attending a local GNO Mom it Forward event co-hosted by Mile High Mamas blog. Can I just say that this was one of the most amazingly fun events I have ever attended? Mom It Forward founder, Jyl Johnson Pattee even flew in for the event and I had the pleasure of sitting down one on one and being inspired by her. Her energy and enthusiasm is contagious and her belief in others is unmatched.

We all brought school supplies to donate to the Office Max program A Day Made Better to wipe out teacher funded classrooms. Please visit ADayMadeBetter.com because this program is one that we all should stand behind. We each nominated a teacher to receive the GINORMOUS box of supplies. One lucky teacher will be touched by the generosity of these ladies and will likely be in tears when she sees how much is in that box!

The raffle prizes for this event were amazing. Everything from Circus tickets, movie tickets, toy baskets, office supplies from Office Max, and of course my favorite... POKEN from StartPoken.com - thanks to Start Poken for donating four poken and several t-shirts.


I even got to meet up and talk to
@georgegsmithjr from Crocs again. Adorable and genuine as always....

After the party started winding down the incredibly hospitable folks at the Denver Warwick Hotel (@denverwarwick) agreed to show some of us the roof top pool. Several of the ladies ended up deciding to take a dip. I chose to observe the splish splash from afar, but I think my cheeks still hurt a bit from laughing so much that night! The rooftop area is amazing and I know for sure I'll be keeping this venue in mind for future parties.

Keep your eyes peeled because there will be a GNO Mom it Forward event coming to a city near you soon. I know that there are events in the works for lots of different cities and you will not want to miss meeting and networking with the fantastic women in your area.

I knew many of these women from their blogs, Blogher, and other meet-ups, but on this particular night I solidified friendships with so many of them that I can't help but smile as I write this post. So, here's to the ladies of the Mile High City and Mile High Mamas Blog and a big thanks to Jyl for sharing Mom it Forward and GNO with us!

comments

4 Responses to "GNO Mom It Forward ~ A Day Made Better in Denver"
  1. Unknown said...
    September 14, 2009 at 7:00 AM

    That looks like a great event and what a wonderful cause!

  2. Liz Mays said...
    September 14, 2009 at 12:01 PM

    It looks so incredibly fun! Lucky girl!

  3. Margo said...
    September 14, 2009 at 2:06 PM

    that looks like it was so much fun! And I love your purple dress-Definitely our color :)

  4. Unknown said...
    September 15, 2009 at 6:28 AM

    Here's for solidifying friendships. So glad to have solidified ours. :)

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates