Monday, August 17, 2009

Random Tuesday - I went to a RAVE... really, I did!


randomtuesday

It's been awhile since I've done a random Tuesday post but I'm in the mood and the livin' is easy ....

Just got back from a trip to LA for my client, StartPoken.com - they did an event that was essentially a rave for 15k people. A rave ... yes, i went to a rave. Yes, I saw some interesting things and funny enough, I met some interesting people that I'd love to contact for different business opportunities. Of course, they were mostly vendors, producers, organizers and such that I met in the VIP section but still, I met them at a rave. I went to a rave. I may be old, but I went to a rave ... and they may have thought I was old there, but I still went to a rave. I'm studying the rave crowd, how to market to them, and I have to tell you, they are nice folk, a peaceful and loving crowd, very sociable .... if any of my children ever go to a rave, I'll lock them up for ever.

My kids start school on Monday and everyone is off buying clothes, shoes and all of this stuff as if there will never be another chance.... Ok, it is August and my kids will be in shorts for the next few months and their shoes still fit them. Do I really need to buy them new shoes now? Really? My poor deprived children will be headed to school next Monday with last year's backpack and lunchbox, and sneakers they've had since July.

I signed a client in the sports industry this week ... not sure when we'll be kickin' it all off but I can't wait to introduce you to her!

I am now on the board for Ignite Denver ... no idea what Ignite is? You will soon because I'll be directing their marketing and PR efforts!

Ignite Denver

If you are from Denver and would like more info, contact me!



comments

15 Responses to "Random Tuesday - I went to a RAVE... really, I did!"
  1. Anonymous said...
    August 18, 2009 at 3:14 AM

    Happy Birthday, Fiona! Banter away....it's your day!

    Dixie

  2. Shady Lady said...
    August 18, 2009 at 8:23 AM

    It's your birthday?! Happy Birthday! Boy, do you know how to celebrate!! =)

  3. Randi Troxell said...
    August 18, 2009 at 8:29 AM

    is it your birthday!! happy birthday then!!!!!!!!!!

  4. Ute said...
    August 18, 2009 at 8:34 AM

    Birthday, eh? Well, celebrate, lady. Have a fantastic day.

  5. Suzy said...
    August 18, 2009 at 9:33 AM

    Happy Birthday you carzy wonderful rave-attending Momma!

    Have a great birthday Tuesday!

  6. Jenni said...
    August 18, 2009 at 11:44 AM

    A Rave? How cool are you???

  7. AiringMyLaundry said...
    August 18, 2009 at 12:11 PM

    Happy Birthday!

    I haven't even been to a rave yet.

  8. Unknown said...
    August 18, 2009 at 1:29 PM

    I like the Ignite questions. Would actually make a good blog topic. :)

    I don't get the need for kids to have all new stuff just to start school either. My kids did get new shoes, but they needed them since their feet grew over the summer. Think we watered them too much at the pool. (snort) They used last year's left over school supplies though. If they need anything additional I will get it later. I am NOT going down that aisle right now... I value my life and limbs too much.

  9. Unknown said...
    August 18, 2009 at 2:10 PM

    Happy Happy Birthday! A rave huh? I won't go there...we'll have to talk about my fun rave days of the past....

  10. Knit Purl Gurl said...
    August 19, 2009 at 5:11 AM

    You're not old, Fiona! You're an experienced 20 yo!

    I know - I ony buy a few things before school starts.. and then we buy all year long. It's hard with my DS to predict what size he'll be in in December - he grows like a weed!

    You are one busy lady, indeed! Congrats on your recent success! You deserve it, m'am!

  11. KarieK said...
    August 19, 2009 at 6:39 AM

    Congrats and Happy Belated birthday! Sounds like you have had some really profitable and successful days! Grats again!! Oh and the rave...you really should tell all the juicy details.

    Karie

  12. A Busy Mommy said...
    August 19, 2009 at 8:51 AM

    You are braver than I...A RAVE!!!

    Happy Birthday!

  13. Heatherlyn said...
    August 19, 2009 at 12:52 PM

    That sounds like what my kids are going to school with!! Actually, I did buy my middle schooler a new back pack but he needed a bigger one for middle school. This is the first year I've only bought my kids what they NEED. And it turns out that they really don't need very much. :)

  14. jerricaparr said...
    August 20, 2009 at 8:23 PM

    Happy Late Birthday!!
    & sounds like a ton of fun!

    If you don't mind, would you check out my newest blog post?

    http://jerricapuck.blogspot.com/2009/08/anyone-need-santa-letters.html

    I'd appreciate it.

  15. Maria@Conversations with Moms said...
    August 21, 2009 at 9:51 AM

    I've been to one rave in my life and it was something to see. Way too much energy flowing.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates