Saturday, May 16, 2009

Quotable Sunday ~ Radio Waves


I've chosen radio quotes this week in honor of the big announcement about the premier of the yet unnamed radio show that I will co-host beginning June 19th with Leah Segedie, owner of bookieboo.com.  Don't forget to mark your calendars for the #bookieb twitter party on June 18th, we have great guests lined up and so far 12 awesome items to give away!!  You can still vote on the name of our radio show until midnight tonight, Sunday May 17th,  so please CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!


New York: the only city where people make radio requests like "This is for Tina - I'm sorry I stabbed you" ~ Carol Leifer 

It's not true I had nothing on, I had the radio on.” ~ Marilyn Monroe 

Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”  ~ Steve Allen 


Radio on the Internet is yet another world-shrinking example of what communications analysts call "death of distance. ~ Tim Jones 



Don't forget to visit Toni for more awesome quotes!



comments

19 Responses to "Quotable Sunday ~ Radio Waves"
  1. zelzee said...
    May 17, 2009 at 3:49 AM

    And how else would Tina know someone was sorry they stabbed her??

    Good luck with your Radio Show!!

  2. I am Harriet said...
    May 17, 2009 at 4:18 AM

    "Death of distance", really interesting.

  3. Veronica Lee said...
    May 17, 2009 at 5:03 AM

    Best of luck with your radio show!!

  4. Anonymous said...
    May 17, 2009 at 5:57 AM

    I voted GOod Luck and Happy Sunday!

  5. Unknown said...
    May 17, 2009 at 5:58 AM

    Interesting Quotes! Thanks for sharing!

  6. Unknown said...
    May 17, 2009 at 6:17 AM

    “New York: the only city where people make radio requests like "This is for Tina - I'm sorry I stabbed you" ~ Carol Leifer

    LOL that make me crack up. Fun quotes today and can't wait until your show :)

  7. Unknown said...
    May 17, 2009 at 6:53 AM

    The I'm sorry I stabbed you one is too funny!
    I voted and am looking forward to the radio show!

  8. Anonymous said...
    May 17, 2009 at 6:56 AM

    I am SO excited about your radio show, I'm going to make it a must listen for sure!

  9. Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...
    May 17, 2009 at 8:21 AM

    These are great - I love the Marilyn Monroe quote!

  10. Lori Lavender Luz said...
    May 17, 2009 at 8:30 AM

    Great quotes, especially the Steve Allen one.

  11. Jenn@ The Crazies said...
    May 17, 2009 at 8:38 AM

    Best of luck with your show!!!

  12. Jaime said...
    May 17, 2009 at 8:52 AM

    good luck with your radio show!

  13. Dee-Zigns Handcrafted Jewelry said...
    May 17, 2009 at 9:13 AM

    Great quotes, lol regarding the one for Tina.

  14. Jennifer said...
    May 17, 2009 at 9:13 AM

    Best of luck with the radio show! Great quotes!

  15. Unknown said...
    May 17, 2009 at 9:44 AM

    Not going to BlogHer now. Figured $300 registration + airfare + hotel + food just wasn't in the budget this year!

  16. Stacy Uncorked said...
    May 17, 2009 at 10:05 AM

    Love your quote choices! This one cracked me up:

    “New York: the only city where people make radio requests like "This is for Tina - I'm sorry I stabbed you" ~ Carol Leifer

    Looking forward to your radio show - very exciting! :)

  17. Jennifer said...
    May 17, 2009 at 10:19 AM

    I LOVE Marilyn Monroe!! Get quotes! And your show will ROCK!

  18. Jennifer said...
    May 17, 2009 at 12:57 PM

    LOL! I love the first quote!

  19. Leslie said...
    May 17, 2009 at 1:46 PM

    Love this one...

    “It's not true I had nothing on, I had the radio on.” ~ Marilyn Monroe

    Good luck with the show!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates