Monday, April 27, 2009

Your Tax Dollars at Work ~ Boeing 747 Photo Shoot Over Manhattan



Oops, uh Sorry!  Are you freakin' kidding me?  

In case you were not aware, today, Air Force One conducted a classified, government-sanctioned photo op..... OVER MANHATTAN.  Apparently the White House Military Office was updating its photos of Air Force One.  It should always be a priority, when a country is in the midst of economic turmoil, to update the profile photos of your Boeing 747.  And honestly, it only made sense in light of 9/11 that this aircraft should circle over the Upper New York Bay, flying by the Statue of Liberty, and then up the Hudson River, whilst accompanied by two F-16's. 

On what planet did this seem like a good idea?  I for one am pissed that my tax dollars paid for a photo op. that very well may have a few PTSD patients waking up in a panicked sweat tonight.  I've looked at the pictures and CAN NOT believe this took place.  

Apparently, our president was not aware that it was going to happen.  Well, now that you know, Mr. President don't you question the reasoning abilities of your people?  Nobody stopped to say that this might not be a good idea?  Have you seen these pictures?  Am I way off base to be outraged at the waste and insensitivity of this whole thing?

Director of the White House Military Office, Louis Caldera said, "Last week, I approved a mission of New York.  I take responsibility for that decision."

Dude, guess what?  I hold you responsible too, and you should have your ass fired for being an idiot without a clue.  I want to know what the budget for this office is, and by the way, what exactly are the responsibilities of the Military Office?  Shouldn't he be figuring out military stuff or something?  

Even better, Caldera went on to say,  "While federal authorities took the proper steps to notify state and local authorities in New York and New Jersey, it's clear that the mission created confusion and disruption."

I'd love to know which authorities they notified, because apparently Mayor Bloomberg's office hadn't heard of it.  And this is a "MISSION"??  What did they call it?  Operation Freak Out New Yorkers?  

What was the bill for this "mission"?  I would love to know, because I'm sick of reading about the schools around here that have to close down or cut budgets.  This wacko is a prime example of the failure of our education system so let's look at realocating the photo shoot budget to schools, shall we?

I would also love to know if they offset the carbon footprint they left behind, and did they take into account the carbon emissions from people crapping their pants today?

comments

17 Responses to "Your Tax Dollars at Work ~ Boeing 747 Photo Shoot Over Manhattan"
  1. Lori Lavender Luz said...
    April 27, 2009 at 7:27 PM

    OMG. I can't stop laughing from your last sentence.

    Hard to imagine someone in charge looked at this situation and said, "Yup, good idea!"

  2. Unknown said...
    April 27, 2009 at 7:29 PM

    I can't read the last sentence?? But yea WTF is going on over there??

  3. Heather said...
    April 27, 2009 at 7:42 PM

    Oh my goodness!! Oh no, they didn't!!! Have they not heard that new American mantra? RECESSION?!

  4. Shady Lady said...
    April 27, 2009 at 7:48 PM

    I'm finally back online! I've been so out of the loop and I come back to read this?! What the heck is going on in the world?!

    Love you and it's good to be back. ;)

  5. Kathy B! said...
    April 27, 2009 at 8:48 PM

    Bad judgement personified.

  6. Wendy said...
    April 27, 2009 at 9:37 PM

    Maybe it was to distract from the Portuguese Water Dog they didn't purchase from the pound. :)

  7. zelzee said...
    April 28, 2009 at 8:18 AM

    Pretty lousy idea in these rough economic times.

  8. Amy_Girl In Paradise said...
    April 28, 2009 at 12:16 PM

    How seriously messed up in the head do you have to be to do something like that? I have been sitting here all morning trying to think of the right words to describe that type of stupidity and none really come to mind that do that state of mind justice. I mean.....what were......OMG!!!!

  9. Leslie said...
    April 28, 2009 at 4:21 PM

    Great post... I thought the same thing when I heard about this!

    I D I O T S !

  10. Unknown said...
    April 28, 2009 at 4:38 PM

    I agree what type of mess was that? I know the sound and sight of those planes would have freaked me out.

  11. septembermom said...
    April 28, 2009 at 5:34 PM

    That was so irresponsible. People were justifiably freaking out. We live just outside NYC and everyone was talking about it today. Stupid idea.

  12. Left Coast Rebel said...
    April 28, 2009 at 6:49 PM

    Life is stranger than fiction when it comes to this story, truly one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen...great post.

  13. MamaRucci said...
    April 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM

    You said most of what I was thinking! I think the worst part of the whole thing was putting NY through something like that. For those of us who have lost friends, family, and co-workers, this is horrible!

    Louis Caldera will be making the Dumbass segment on Coastal Chicks Unplugged this week!

    Rachel Ferrucci
    http://mamarucci.wordpress.com

  14. Dagmar Bleasdale said...
    April 28, 2009 at 10:30 PM

    Thanks for this entry, I really enjoy your blog. I gave you an award today, come and pick it up :)

  15. Alexandra said...
    April 29, 2009 at 12:26 PM

    how they thought that was a good idea is beyond me

  16. Margo said...
    April 29, 2009 at 1:02 PM

    It cost over $300,000! I seriously don't know what The White House was thinking. Is it just me, or is it kind of wimpy just to blame your underling?

  17. Rebecca Anne said...
    April 29, 2009 at 7:18 PM

    Right on! You said it for all of us.
    R
    I
    D
    I
    C
    U
    L
    O
    U
    S

    !!!!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates