Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Children Are Dyslexic Sham WOWs




Everyone knows what a Sham WOW is!

We've all seen the talented Sham WOW dude and his magic sham that holds 12x its weight in liquid.  Great for the house, the car, the boat, the RV.....  

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, now would be a good time to watch the entertaining infomercial.....




Anyway, my really cool high school chem teacher is so brilliant and creative.  Not only is he the soon to be published author of fine children's books that put kids to sleep on the first page, he is obsessed with Sham WOWs.

In honor of my all time favorite teacher, I hereby launch Sham WOW Wednesdays with Bantering Blonde, an exciting new series that explores the wonder of the Sham WOW.  
 
It is only fitting that this first installment showcases the talented Jack Randall.  He has given me permission to reprint this original joke.  (I'm hoping he'll offer to be the Sham WOW guest blogger next week too so give us some comment luv people and invite him back!)

3 Sham Wows in a bar.

Someone spills a drink and the 1st Sham WOW jumps on it and it's gone.

The barkeep says, "Thanks".

Later, another drink is spilled and the 2nd Sham WOW jumps on it - cleaned up in a flash.

Barkeep says "That's amazing!"
(I think he would have said, "WOW"... but I didn't write the joke so I'll just mind my own business.)

Later still, yet another drink is spilled.

The 3rd Sham WOW jumps on it, but when it gets up there's an even larger pool of liquid.

Barkeep says, "Hey, the spill is worse! What's going on?"

"Oh, sorry, that's just Bob," the 1st Sham Wow says, "he's dyslexic."


There ya have it folks, the very first Sham WOW Wednesday with Bantering Blonde!  If you have ideas for, or would like to guest blog on this series please email me.

comments

10 Responses to "My Children Are Dyslexic Sham WOWs"
  1. Aliceson said...
    February 26, 2009 at 3:48 AM

    Funny and clean!

    I always think it's silly that these infomercial demonstrators wear the microphone headsets. Really is that necessary? Wouldn't a clip to the shirt mic work? Seems odd to me, but then again I have a love/hate relationship with infomercials.

  2. rachel... said...
    February 26, 2009 at 5:12 AM

    I'm almost speechless. LOL

    Yes, I am a sucker for anything on an infomercial! I am currently coveting the Debbie Meyer Green Bags. You could do a regular feature where you test out TV products and tell us how they really work! I thought about doing that, but I'm so cheap...

  3. Banteringblonde said...
    February 26, 2009 at 6:54 AM

    Yep I'm cheap too, but maybe Sham WOW will send me some of these nifty things because I could use something around here that holds 12 times its weight in liquid!

  4. Banteringblonde said...
    February 26, 2009 at 6:54 AM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  5. La Mom-an American Mom in Paris said...
    February 26, 2009 at 12:25 PM

    It's a good thing you posted the video 'cuz I had no idea what a Sham Wow was, but I love the name. It's catchy!

  6. Heidi said...
    February 26, 2009 at 3:50 PM

    I've been wanting to buy these but I want to hear if they really work or not. Anyone know?

  7. Banteringblonde said...
    February 26, 2009 at 5:08 PM

    Nope but if I'm going to do a weekly tribute I think they should sponsor me .... hmmmm

  8. theothermother said...
    February 26, 2009 at 10:09 PM

    OT-Fiona....I found a google ID and now I can comment.

    I love your blog! There...I said it here, finally!

  9. Shady Lady said...
    March 2, 2009 at 8:21 AM

    We should start a letter writing campaign! You'll receive a lifetime supply for sure!

  10. Banteringblonde said...
    March 2, 2009 at 5:53 PM

    ooooh ... a petition for the blonde!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates