Wednesday, February 11, 2009

AI Junkies, Out Yourselves!


I am a closet American Idol junkie.Oooops, I guess I'm outing myself!

Yes, friends, I watch American Idol.  I don't know why I like it, I just do.  I usually skim the audition shows and really don't get into it until the top 12, but once the season really gets started I am all about it. 

 I am a TIVO fanatic - can't stand wasting time on commercials and if something bores me I just skim over it.  Tonight I fast forwarded through most of the final decisions on season 8 contestants.  

The overdone drama is seriously annoying.  The whole, "we are so sorry, this is so hard to say, you've had ups and downs and you know how you did.  Keep in mind that this is really a hard decision for us ...... (cue suspense music and nail biting).... so, sorry but ... but.... WELCOME TO SEASON 8!!!"

Over and over and over this same annoying set-up.
  
At least I'm loyal enough to fast forward through it and not just delete it.  

I don't really get attached to anyone this early in the season and rarely remember anyone's name.  There are always some characters that annoy the poop out of me but this season there is one chick that, when they told her she was going through, I actually felt like I might vomit in my mouth a bit.  That girl, Tatiana Deltoro?  (I apologize if I've misspelled her name.)  She is kind of like an overly hyper puppy that might piddle at your feet any moment.  Her wacky laugh makes me think of the sound a mile long train putting it's breaks on at 150 mph might make.  She isn't a horrible singer but to be honest, I was so distracted by her quirkiness that I can't really think of what my opinion on her singing is!  

Lordy, you have to wonder if someone shouldn't have shown her the video from the first auditions.  You'd think some kind soul would have pulled her aside and mentioned that she might want to take a valium before her next appearance on national television.  

I always feel a little bad for the people they trash on the show but I feel extremely uncomfortable about this girl.  For her sake, I hope the handlers/coaches/style folks on the show can give this girl a little advice.  If I were one of the coaches on that show I'd beg to be assigned to Tatiana.  Someone save that girl from the shameful mockery!  I am anxious to see how she does....

Out yourself AI junkies!  I'll still respect you in the morning!

comments

5 Responses to "AI Junkies, Out Yourselves!"
  1. TJACK said...
    February 13, 2009 at 7:30 AM

    I watch AI if I'm home. I don't make an effort to catch the show or anything and I never watch it in its entirety. 30 minutes is enough for me. They have to put the unique personalities on or it wouldn't be a show.

  2. Keri said...
    February 13, 2009 at 9:57 AM

    Hi!
    I ran into your blog accidentally....
    But I had the same weird feeling about Tatiana immediately! I hope the show isn't using her for controversy and then it backfires when she goes bonkers!
    I like your bantering! Bye.

  3. BookChook said...
    February 14, 2009 at 6:35 PM

    We have Australian Idol on TV, and I can't stand to watch it because of the way the hosts carry on, particularly the put-downs. However, a friend's daughter's boyfriend was a contestant, and I became interested because of him. I still can't stand the hosts and the nonsense you mentioned, but some of the songs are wonderful. The guy I mentioned actually won, and I am interested to see where his career takes him.

  4. Aliceson said...
    February 16, 2009 at 10:04 AM

    Not an AI fan, but I do secretly love Beauty and the Geek. Now that's embarassing

  5. Banteringblonde said...
    February 16, 2009 at 10:42 PM

    Guilty pleasures!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates